Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Monstaliner Twist

Quote Originally Posted by BattleWagonActual View Post
    I completely understand that doing the entire truck isn't for everyone. But seeing as mine is a solid black with a few paint chips up high, I might as well do everything in one swipe, especially if there's some added benefits. One little addition I plan on doing though is picking up a spray can of their red and taking my time to tape off a TRD on the usual rear panel spot but painted in, rather than decal. It'll be unique and for once I won't feel like I'm the one copying my neighbor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think your idea is really good as well but I did want to add that it might be the only way to do it after monstaliner. I know decals stretch and proper adhesion might be possible....but I seriously doubt it. It's too bumpy. Doing it with a brush and some nice bright enamel paint would definitely be very sharp looking.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Monstaliner Twist

That's definitely the plan, I have no intention of attempting to put a decal on over the monstaliner. I'm probably going to pick up a decal in order to make a template of sorts, but that would be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BattleWagonActual; 05-02-2014 at 12:48 PM.
    Current: 97 4runner Sr5, 5spd, 4wd... Awaiting wife's approval to start wrenching

Past: 88 Grand Wagoneer AMC 360, 4wd R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post

Diggin' your choice on color, something different and stands out!

Quote Originally Posted by BattleWagonActual View Post
    That's definitely the plan, I have no intention of attempting to put a decal on over the monstaliner.
    Like the plan, should look good!

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun View Post
    Diggin' your choice on color, something different and stands out!

Like the plan, should look good!
    Hey thanks yota! I will am going to go test out the suspension somewheres around here and take some photos of her.

Hey Battlewagonactual I figure a file folder with packing tape lining the inside of the stencil should hold up pretty good. That should help with the color bleeding and making clean lines on the truck.

stamped and snail mailed
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567