Thread: Zombie apocalypse 4Runner

Zombie apocalypse 4Runner

An enterprising West Virginian thinks he has the right solution for those fearing an impending apocalypse (or at least a vaguely concerning situation): A "survival vehicle."

The eBay listing isn't especially informative, but it does state that the seller used a low-mile six-cylinder 1995 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 as a starting point. Steel plates have been added all over the 4Runner's cab to provide extra protection from who knows what (not thesaurus-throwing English teachers, though), while a massive front bullet deflector built in front of front fascia reduces cooling but could prove essential to keeping the 4Runner on the road.

For extra protection, the 4Runner features a 1,200 psi liquid nitrogen-fed air cannon built into the roof. And, like any proper survival vehicle/vehical this side of Will Smith's Ford Shelby GT500, the 4Runner comes with a camouflage paint job to keep it away from zombies with poor vision.

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/got-zomb...#ixzz2yPPa1QmT

Why?

Ok, so you've protected the front grill, but not the headlights, anything entering from the top or sides. The windshield is now mostly solid, as are the front side windows, but none of the other windows are covered with anything except some rattle can paint.

and you have a nitrogen cannon so you can hit the zombies with what? Tennis balls?

1/10, would not be nearby, much less sit in or drive. D for effort.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I agree. I would have started with a car that has 3/16" steel body panels straight from the factory. Like this:

The 4Runner doesn't even have a sawblade bumper, four maddox C-pillars or spinner hubcaps. :headshake:

Do Want!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Likewise!

I've looked into it, if the funds existed, I could make my camry a manual AWD using all Toyota drive line and suspension components.
    I would so make that my ultimate Zombie apocalypse vehicle lol!!!