Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Disc Conversion Question

Yeah I did that too and then I tested it for brake dust and there was still plenty. I also did not have much to do that day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Wow!! Couldn't believe my luck yesterday. Battle wagon and I hit up a few yards since we both have kids too small for fireworks and we found everything we were looking for....and I have an additional project waiting. I couldn't leave the york 210 sitting there when it was 50% off. 23 bucks and I got to lug that sucker home. Didn't think it was going to be so heavy. It works but I will clean it up and redo the seals and whatever else looks dried out. I might even paint it since I have everything setup. Seal kit is only 25 bucks.

Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 07-05-2014 at 08:10 PM.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Nice Find! I need to hit up the junkyard and try to find one myself!

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun View Post
    Nice Find! I need to hit up the junkyard and try to find one myself!
    I used this list and saw a bunch of them here in socal. Took me about 25 vehicles to get a 210. Found two 209s though.

Here's the list. might be the only thing heep sites are good for.

http://www.links4jeeps.com/writeups/...ork_Donors.php

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Thanks for the link!!
    Already have my buddy searching the local junkyard lists, I've convinced him to do the same project lol!!!

I have a bracket if anyone needs it. Free to a good home. I will post it up when I get a chance. Mike gave it to me, I went a different route, so I'll pass it on.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Now I wish I had a 3.4 lol. Several have done brackets but none have taken pictures and/or kept the a/c. I want my a/c to stay. I think I have a general idea though. The harder part is the pulley since the 210 is a v belt and we use a serpentine. The clutch that is a serpentine is 145 bucks.....and I am not willing to heave that much over for it.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

York 210's are very plentiful up here. I've bought 3 from a Volvo part recycler ($25-$40) and they are all in great condition. I've never had the need to rebuild one. If yours pumps air I'd spend your time fabbing a bracket. The bracket Sean has isn't for a 3.4, it's a York bracket for it to bolt into a Volvo. It's useful because it's a thick piece of steel with mounting holes for the 210. It would need to be cut unless you're putting it in a Volvo.

Put the black wire to power and see if the clutch engages. Then plug the discharge port with your thumb while rotating the pulley to see if it pumps air. Clean it up, drain the oil and replace and then do the oil mod(s) and install.

Should have made that more clear. Lol. I'll post pics this weekend. It would make a good start for a mount. If you're interested krypto, it would be nice to document the process on a 4cyl and do some drawings for others.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Should have made that more clear. Lol. I'll post pics this weekend. It would make a good start for a mount. If you're interested krypto, it would be nice to document the process on a 4cyl and do some drawings for others.
    Let me look at the pics then lol. I have seen lots of builds on the 3.4 and the brackets look pretty nice!

I am planning a passenger side mount and moving the coil packs to the mount as well. Seems that is what most guys did while keeping the a/c. Every one of those builds I could find did not take a single pic of the mount. When I do it there will be lots of pics....and you might get to see how bad I am at welding lol.

I will take a good pic of what I have in mind tonight if I get the chance.

Also this is in line for after the rear axle and brakes otherwise I'm spreading the wallet too thin.

Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 07-07-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast