-Lincoln MKC
-Nissan Rogue
-Lexus NX
-Mercedes-Benz GLA
-Volvo XC60
-Subaru Outback
-Porsche Macan

What do you think is missing from their rating criteria?:
"Design Advancement - The judges are looking for well-executed exterior and interior styling, innovative vehicle packaging, and good selection and use of materials.
Engineering Excellence - Total vehicle concept and execution; clever solutions to packaging, manufacturing, and dynamics; and cost-effective technology that benefits consumers.
Performance of Intended Function - How well the vehicle does the job its planners, designers, and engineers intended it to do.
Efficiency - The judges consider fuel efficiency and carbon footprint size relative to the vehicle's competitive set.
Safety - The judges take into account each vehicle's ability to help the driver avoid a crash, as well as the secondary safety measures that protect its occupants during an accident.
Value - Each vehicle's price and equipment levels are compared with those of vehicles in the same market segment."

Hello? Off highway capability, where are you?! All of the SUVs in the test have a lower profile tire than any sedan or sports car I have ever owned.

I know it's a sign of the times, but I sure did enjoy the SUV of the Year tests back when they beat the piss out of them offroad doing hill climbs, light light crawling, high speed fireroad test and even jumped them.

Thankfully, there are people out there that are 'like us.' Motortrend posted an article asking "How should Toyota Improve the Next Generation 4Runner?" and there is lots of 3rd gen love in there. http://wot.motortrend.com/1407_totd_...n_4runner.html