Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GrnGrand97's aka "Operation Mall Crawler" Build Thread

If you are gonna be on the road more i would keep them on, at least the front, it gets tipsy in these trucks.

I have been white knuckling it on the highway since I have them disconnected, I need to make new front quick disconnects.

Makes a world of difference with them on for the highway.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun View Post
    If you are gonna be on the road more i would keep them on, at least the front, it gets tipsy in these trucks.

I have been white knuckling it on the highway since I have them disconnected, I need to make new front quick disconnects.
    Can't be worse than my SFA Grand Cherokee with a 3.5" lift
    1996 T4R Limited: Stock l E-Locked l 265/70/16 Destination A/T's l Ultra Gauge l Drifter CB Mount l AOF Sliders l Weathertech
    My Build Thread
    2001 Camry: Stock l DD
    1987 T4R: Stock l 31x10.50 Interco Trxus *sold*

Drive it a while and see how you like it, its not hard to put it back on or take them off.

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun View Post
    Drive it a while and see how you like it, its not hard to put it back on or take them off.
    That's probably what I will do. My drive to work is only a couple miles on a back road, so shouldn't be bad. I just need to save up the money for bumper and winch so I can get some weight on the 650# springs
    1996 T4R Limited: Stock l E-Locked l 265/70/16 Destination A/T's l Ultra Gauge l Drifter CB Mount l AOF Sliders l Weathertech
    My Build Thread

Got the Firestik heavy duty spring and 4ft Antenna mounted out. Still debating how to run the coaxial cable.

My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GrnGrand97 View Post
    Got the Firestik heavy duty spring and 4ft Antenna mounted out. Still debating how to run the coaxial cable.

There's a grommet for the brake light. Use that. Easier, won't wear with the rear door, and it's an easy run up the side panel and into the middle of cab for your cb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    There's a grommet for the brake light. Use that. Easier, won't wear with the rear door, and it's an easy run up the side panel and into the middle of cab for your cb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I think this is what I am going to try to do. Hopefully in a couple weeks the weather won't be bad and I can steal my sisters garage to start tearing it apart
    My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GrnGrand97 View Post
    I think this is what I am going to try to do. Hopefully in a couple weeks the weather won't be bad and I can steal my sisters garage to start tearing it apart
    I'm waiting for better weather to pull my starter lol. It's freezing out there.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    I'm waiting for better weather to pull my starter lol. It's freezing out there.
    I feel your pain
    My Build Thread

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast