A huge thanks to everyone for coming out! Sorry for the late report!

As usual, we started off on Needles Highway. JC and I actually met up a few miles before the trailhead, and I waited while he popped into the gas station. This gave me a chance to clean my windows!

We made it over the Dead Mountains pretty quickly and approached US95 while Shawna and Roy were stuck in traffic. We decided it was best to wait up for them before we moved across Piute Valley and up the Piute Range. This gave us some time for photos.

JC sure has a clean 4Runner!

Once Shawna and Roy got there, we spent way too much time catching up and got a move on a little late. No big deal though.

Flowers were awesome!

Fort Piute now belongs to this guy:

And then we came to this:

Well, this isn't good...

Spent a few minutes and decided on an alternate route on the map. We later learned that there is an approved detour down a powerline road and Lanfair Rd. This is not ideal but it is the official detour. If you need details on our alternate route, PM me.

Our detour took us through a ton of mines:

We decided to detour south for a few reasons, but a big one was the weather up north in the mountains was starting to turn bad.

By the time it was getting close to us, we were stuck in a wash:

Not long after that, we returned to the Mojave Road and stopped by to visit the school bus. Savage Offroad has a pretty sweet new rear bumper for the 3rd gens too!!!

Once we got to camp we got slammed by wind and a tiny bit of rain. We had to tie the tent to the vehicle to keep it from flying away, even with a few hundred pounds of stuff in it!

Cabin:

Troy rolled up just after the storm settled down.

We were slammed by wind all day Friday, all night, and all day Saturday...