Hi all,

Back in 2012 I was replacing my Lower control arm bushings and encountered two PO300 codes (P0303 and PO304). Link is here: http://www.ultimateyota.com/showthre...ighlight=p0300

Anyways, on my drive down to get a new catalytic converter installed (per my smog guy's 4 year insistence!), the dreaded blinking check engine light started to go off. Greaat. I had the cat installed no problem, but on the drive up, my scan tool pulled up another code. So as of today, its P0301 and P0302 (note: If you pull more than 2 of these misfire codes, P0300 will show up too; it indicates more than 1 cylinder is misfiring).
Well as you can imagine, it runs rough. I hardly drive the 4runner and I don't think I've put more than 10,000 miles on this since 2012. No joke because I've been driving Das Gross Polluten machine, my 2013 Golf TDI. So yes, not happy. Because back in 2012, I did the following (in order):

- Cleaned MAF wire (just by spraying it down w/ MAF cleaner)
- Switched coil packs around (no effect)
- Replaced spark plugs and wires
- Cleaned throttle body but NOT Idle air control valve (I really need to do the IACV)
- Had injectors rebuilt by Witchhunter

The injector rebuilds helped solve the problem up until now. So I contacted Witchhunter just now to see if that's common for the rebuild to fail so soon (assuming its the injectors of course). But no response yet.

So I'm going to do the following again:

- Cleaned MAF wire (just by spraying it down w/ MAF cleaner)
- Cleaned throttle body but NOT Idle air control valve (I really need to do the IACV)
- Switched coil packs around
- Retest

- If no change, I'm going to change out the spark plugs.
- If no change, then going to buy new plug wires
- If no change, then new coil packs
- If no change, buy new injectors or rebuilt injectors

Am i missing anything?

The suck ass part is that I don't have a garage anymore and I know some busy body will freak out in my apt complex if they see me doing car repairs in my garage port. So either I do this street side or need to find a garage.

With VW and the gub'ment announcing in late April that VW will need to buy back my Golf + $5000, I'll have some money to re-invest back into the 4Runner as I don't want to buy a new car right away (or at all---but we'll see, b/c that Tesla sedan looks mighty tempting)