Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cat drive cycle

I've googled it a bunch. There are some genaric drive cycles on places like ask.com, but when the TSB dosnt work and Avy used his own recipe at work, I think I'm just in for a long stint of driving lol.

Troy, have you given my method a shot yet? I mean if it works out should take no more then 20 min to complete :-)

Yup every chance I get! I don't have working cruise control, but with these long desert roads I can hold 55 well. Ice gotten 500 miles on the truck since this started.
    Couple things I am wondering is maybe my gearing and tires are giving it unexpected rpm for a given speed.

I've driven 55 per the trucks speedo and also GPS corrected 55. I haven't given up, I'm just not optimistic lol

And it still won't set the monitor? That is very strange....

still hasn't... I wish I knew what it was looking for. Its obviously wanting some combination that mine just wont produce. There is other stories on the internet like this, but I was hoping to get this done this week.

I might have a better chance hooking up my evap and getting that one to pass.

Which monitor won't pass? I know some monitors won't pass or start if there are emissions issues.

I seen small exhaust leaks keep a monitor from passing.
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

500 miles and still not ready! I assume your truck will do faster than 55 mph? Take it up higher for a bit. I doubt the CC has something to do with it but perhaps the higher speed combined with the increased operating temperatures will help as you've probably turned it off and on enough times.

I can personally vouch for it being able to do more than 55. Much more.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

its anyones guess at this point. I'm just driving it every day to work and that includes long sections of 55 and some 70. She's got all the evap set up and headed to the garage for tonight

What code reader do you have? Mine has the icons at the top for which emission systems are ready or pending.

My Bluetooth dongle via Torque App also has a screen that will tell you whats go/waiting/no go
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast