Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radio Operator Call signs

Radio Operator Call signs

Can we start a list of call signs for people who have a HAM licence?

1. Expatoz...KI6JHQ...Mark (soon to be changing to W6XPT if my vanity number is approved)
    Mark<br />04 4Runner SE, 17x9 MT ClassicLocks, 35&quot; BFG&#39;s, ARB lockers frnt and rear, 4.56 Gears, SW Sliders &amp; Bullbar, Smittybilt 10000lb winch, custom susp, 1.5&quot; 4Crawler BL, Kurt Trailing Arms, Cobra 75WXST CB radio, 4ft Firestick, Yaesu FT-7800 2m/70cm Ham Radio, Sat. Radio.

Re: Radio Operator Call signs

Come on you guys.
    Mark<br />04 4Runner SE, 17x9 MT ClassicLocks, 35&quot; BFG&#39;s, ARB lockers frnt and rear, 4.56 Gears, SW Sliders &amp; Bullbar, Smittybilt 10000lb winch, custom susp, 1.5&quot; 4Crawler BL, Kurt Trailing Arms, Cobra 75WXST CB radio, 4ft Firestick, Yaesu FT-7800 2m/70cm Ham Radio, Sat. Radio.

Vanity plate was approved

1. Expatoz...W6XPT...Mark (W= White, 6= California, XPT = Expatriate)

mark,

i thikn the only people i know with hams are brucets and lance. lance's call sign as i recall was "FAM4ALL" = Flaming Asian Male For All"

bwwawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

lol I wouldn't mind getting a ham license.. just to have, but I don't know why I would need one.

Post some pics of your radio.

I wouldn't mind getting one either.
    Just something to have under my belt I guess.

KE7MWX (no vanity sign yet)

If anyone is interested the test is super easy these days and having a 50watt FM radio vs. a 5watt AM CB radio is like night and day.

When I lived in Vegas I could actually use my radio on the 440Mhz side to listen to police radio. Its a pretty handy item to have.
    Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&amp;R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

Corax on the forums - KB3SCJ on the radio - Keith in real life

just got my call sign today, radio should be here in a few hours . . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

I had been throwing around the idea of getting one for a long time. As a kid, and growing up, my parents had a neighbor that had a setup at his house (like one of those 40 foot antennas). I remember going over there when he was in his garage chatting with people. I knew it was a HAM butknew nothing other than that. Now I know what they are and their advantages but don't have a real good use for one. I know that all it takes is an emergency to have a good reason but I don't know or wheel with anyone that has one.
    I know it wouldn't take much for me to get drug into the hobby but I don't really have the time or the money to get setup. With a kid on the way and other projects my time and money is a little tied up. Who knows though, maybe next year after I have the kid and some projects out of the way I might get into it. Maybe I can convince the wife it is an added safety device necessary to keep the family safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast