Thread: 5VZ-FE Partial Rebuild

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

5VZ-FE Partial Rebuild

Don't know when I will say enough is enough and get rid of this thing, but for me thats like pulling the plug on someone you love so...

Brief back story, Frame rotted, Got wrecked but running Donor, kept parts (engine, doors, fenders, ect.)

Fast track today, Head Gaskets starting to go in engine currently in truck. Had an inkling for a while since it would clear up after warm up, but recently loose about 1/2 gal in 60 miles...

Among the millions of other things that need to be addressed on this truck, whats one more item to the list... No off-road trips for me for a while...

Plan - Break down engine to block, check cylinder walls and bearings, if all check out reseal engine and prep for manual trans swap...

Engine has 270k roughly, while the engine in my truck has just under 240K, and lets face it, we were all young and stupid at some point, I more stupid then others trying to flex my 'muscles' with a 3.4l but bouncing off the rev limiter finally took its toll....

May consider a supercharger if a deal comes around on one, otherwise naturally aspirated it will stay.

Okay enough babble on to the Pictures!!
    Attached Images Attached Images