Thread: 4x4Mike's 2007 4Runner

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

4x4Mike's 2007 4Runner

I finally got around to uploading some pictures so I thought I'd share the progress on the 4th gen. So far it's been a perfect vehicle and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's got a lot of power and torque for the mountains and has done great on snowy roads and trails. Miles per tank is about the same if not slightly better than the 3rd gen and the added weight, what ever it may be (don't care), hasn't hampered it offroad. I did have a width issue on one trail but the 3rd gen wouldn't have made it either.

This first pic was the day after the lift. I didn't take any pre-lift measurements but the lift made it higher. Prior to the lift I had some rubbing in the front but that was taken care of with some fender liner realigning. Shown also are the Stubbs HD-SKO sliders I welded on.

Another welding project was a bracket for my ARB compressor. I've had York OBA on my past two vehicles (17+ years) and it's great and hard to be without. I chose the dual compressor as it had the highest output and seemed reasonable from a size perspective. I wanted it under hood and had seen it mounted on the driver side online so I went at it. There is a larger pocket on the passenger side but I wanted to leave that spot open in case I decide to put a second battery or winch solenoid in that location.

After the lift I received my CBI order of a front skid. No pictures here but it's a heavy piece of bent metal and it's on. It covers from just behind the bumper to the first cross member. I'm still running the stock transmission/transfer case skid but will make a new one out of the 3rd gen belly pan I kept.
    Last edited by 4x4mike; 04-16-2018 at 06:44 PM.