Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to improve your mpg?

Re: How to improve your mpg?

remove the horizontal slats from the stock roof rack as well......

Just a little heads up, when my truck was bone stock, I got 21 mpg hwy and 19 city. Then I went to BFG AT's 265/75-16 my mileage dropped to 17 hwy 16 city adjusted. I'm planning on getting another set of wheels with street tread to see if I can increase my mileage....
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    Just a little heads up, when my truck was bone stock, I got 21 mpg hwy and 19 city. Then I went to BFG AT's 265/75-16 my mileage dropped to 17 hwy 16 city adjusted. I'm planning on getting another set of wheels with street tread to see if I can increase my mileage....
    Tires do make a big difference, the Michelin LTX M/S are the best SUV road tire for MPG I've seen yet.

Also Ben, those iridiums aren't doing you much (unless you're supercharged) and they wear out very quickly so just replace them with some stock dual electrode plugs from the dealer. They'll last alot longer and be much better for your gas mileage over time.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

check your e brake! every toyota truck I have every had the e brake seizes on... This absolutely destroyed my mileage... lol
    1996 Tacoma<br />2.5 inch suspension<br />3 inch body<br />Dayton Timberline 33X12.50R15<br />Custom Mercedes Benz HID headlight conversion

I think by just not driving we can improve or even eliminate this mpg thing. Just sit and look at your truck and think about how fun it is to drive. Call your boss and say man I wish I could come to work but the dang prices on fuel make me depressed therefore I'll need you to send my work home.

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

Quote Originally Posted by xcmountain80
    I think by just not driving we can improve or even eliminate this mpg thing. Just sit and look at your truck and think about how fun it is to drive. Call your boss and say man I wish I could come to work but the dang prices on fuel make me depressed therefore I'll need you to send my work home.

Aaron
    CJ &lt;IXOYE&gt;&lt;<br /><br />03 Tacoma DC TRD 4wd, bunchamods <br /><br />Avatar artwork courtesy of the one and only 04 Rocko Taco.

yeah....... i'm jobless. But I suppose that's a problem for another thread.
    -Ben<br /><br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=2 171.0<br /><br />People are starvin in Africa, and that&#039;s just not very ballin to me!<br />[B]I&#039;m sorry officer, I uh.....I didn&#039;t know that I couldn&#039;t do that![B]

Well I got Toyota factory plugs and wires, I got the her re-aligned and balanced, and put a new air filter in; I will see what this next tank-o-gas yields and let you guys know the results.
    -Ben<br /><br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=2 171.0<br /><br />People are starvin in Africa, and that&#039;s just not very ballin to me!<br />[B]I&#039;m sorry officer, I uh.....I didn&#039;t know that I couldn&#039;t do that![B]

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    Then I went to BFG AT's 265/75-16 my mileage dropped to 17 hwy 16 city adjusted.
    Did it really?
    Mine Stayed spot on.
    I still get roughly 20-21 Hwy,
    I must say thought that my city still stays at 16 period, with the old tires and new ones.

I get about 17mpg flat. I dont push it much over 2400rpm's on the interstate and try and drive conservatively. I'm running on 295,75,16 Nitto Terra's or 285,75,16 Cooper STT on the offroad days. with 3"+ lift bumper, armor, slider, roof tent (16mpg), freezer frisge and a shy load of tools.

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12