Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost turn signals

Lost turn signals

I have no turn signal indication on the dash or at any of the corners. Everything else on that stalk and the steering column work fine (headlights w/ hi-beams, wipers. The turn signal lamps on the dash work fine when the hazards are activated. All fuses are good.

The only thing I can think of is that the turn signal switch in the steering column decided to die on me overnight. Any other ideas?

I have the part number for the turn signal stalk/switch. Has anybody replaced one of these yet and can give me some pointers?
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

Re: Lost turn signals

Do the turn signals actually work?
    So we're talking only about the internal indicator, right?

Bump for your issue. I'm curious myself.
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    All fuses are good.
    how do you know, by looking at em? sometimes fuses can look good but theyre bad, change em out, see if that works.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    Do the turn signals actually work?
    So we're talking only about the internal indicator, right?

Bump for your issue. I'm curious myself.
    The internal indicators work when I activate the hazards. All external lights work fine. When I hit the turn signal stalk, nothing happens. Everything else on the stalk works fine...high and low beam headlight control. From all the reading I have done in the FSM and online, and the people I have talked to it appears the turn signal switch has dies on me.

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    All fuses are good.
    how do you know, by looking at em? sometimes fuses can look good but theyre bad, change em out, see if that works.
    Visually they are good but I also swapped them out with new or with ones from systems that are working fine on the truck...all the fuses checked out fine.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

ok, good, at least you now know it is a connector or something. it is frustrating to work hard on fixing an issue only to figure out its just a fuse

im guessing youre right on the stalk switch.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Believe me I was hoping it was something easy like a blown or bad fuse. If anybody has any other ideas please let me know.

Right now I think I am going to spend the ~$50 for a new turn signal stalk/switch and see if that fixes the issue.

I hate electrical crap.

No idea on how or what would cause this, overnight stuff always baffles me.

A resolution would be amusing if nothing else.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

probably broke the contacts off in the stalk switch. anything else on that stalk work? ie headlights, etc. thats going to be a pain to fix...

good luck.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    I hate electrical crap.

No idea on how or what would cause this, overnight stuff always baffles me.

A resolution would be amusing if nothing else.
    I hate electrical stuff too due to my ignorance in the field. Where the hell have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    probably broke the contacts off in the stalk switch. anything else on that stalk work? ie headlights, etc. thats going to be a pain to fix...

good luck.
    Everything else works fine (headlights, high beams). The stalk should be here tomorrow from Dallas...hopefully it works.

X3 on hating electrical problems, I myself am still trying to figure out why when every time I turn on my fog lights, my gas gauge falls 1/4 of a tank. (will be making a separate post about that later)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast