Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gas Gauge Wonders

Re: Gas Gauge Wonders

abs "fuse" is not a fuse, its a fusable link. as for the plastic top cover, just super glue it back in place, no worries there.

im pretty sure to remove it you must remove the positive input to the fuse box from the battery. there seems to be a metal bar that acts as a retainer, but to avoid having my truck out of service, youre on your own.

2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Let me clarify why I have to replace it.
    That little plastic cover went Buh-bye when it came off
    (fell into the engine bay never to be seen again)

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    but to avoid having my truck out of service, youre on your own.
    Aww I love you too :-P
    LMAO!!!

Well see when I have the time, I have spring break all week long and I have some off days
    (that I am going to use to detail the truck all nice nice)
    Mom will be home, I can 'borrow' the Lexus when I need to get around.

if the cover is gone, just stick some electrical tape on it to seal it from moisture until you are able to replace it.

is the fuse part still intact? or did that blow/break? if its still connected, youre fine until you can find time to replace.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Yeah it hasn't blown yet.
    I guess I wont be disabling ABS for when I hit the trails :-P

Quote Originally Posted by ETRNL
    i used 4 gauge all the way around.. it cost me 30 bucks from a local stereo shop for oxygen free 4gauge and eight 4gauge terminals. the longest part of the project was crimping the terminals on and wraping the wire in elec, tape.
    and my thereoy on wire is you might as well do it once with bigger than what you need..
    took some pics of my '01 4runner,
    alt to bat,

bat to frame,

frame to bat to body,

yes i know i have a lot of wiring here.. but it all is solid..
    you grounded your battery twice. instead of grounding to the inner fender well it should have been from engine block to frame. electricity flows in a loop and not putting 4GA *Cough(should have been 1/0)Cough* from your block to frame means thats the bottle neck of the system. you alternator is grounded to the engine hence why you need to make that big ground from the block to teh frame.

now where the heck is the engine block to frame ground cable located often its a steel braided flat cable with no insulation. anybody know?

BTW 1/0 welding wire can be had for probably less than the 4ga wire the stereo shop sold you

-=jason=-
    97&#039; SR5 3.4L 4x4 auto trans&nbsp; its Bone stock at the moment. <br /><br />-=Jason=-

ahha, you gas gauge is magical...

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Flomaster
    now where the heck is the engine block to frame ground cable located often its a steel braided flat cable with no insulation. anybody know?
    -=jason=-
    It's better for RF grounding - simple wire, even in short lengths, can start to act like an antenna very quickly.
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    Quote Originally Posted by Flomaster
    -=jason=-
    It's better for RF grounding - simple wire, even in short lengths, can start to act like an antenna very quickly.
    I am going to just find a suitable place on the block and mount it off a bolt close to the frame.
    in the other thread I was told the engine block on the passenger side near the intake has a wire grounding to the firewall. I think I will upgrade that wire instead of going to the frame.

-=Jason=-
    97&#039; SR5 3.4L 4x4 auto trans&nbsp; its Bone stock at the moment. <br /><br />-=Jason=-

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234