Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HID conversion on Hella 4000

HID conversion on Hella 4000

I've been wanting to install HID driving lights, but the Hella HID's are way too expensive. I decided to try one of those inexpensive kits off ebay. For $80 it was worth the gamble.....
    As for construction it seems well made, but there was no label to say where they were produced.

edit* they are made in Japan

Installing bulbs was a simple plug n' play

Since the kit came with grommets, I decided to drill a new hole into the housing, this way I still have the option to use standard H1 bulbs....

Ballast mounted, double sided tape that was supplied with the kit plus I added a hose clamp for extra hold down. Spliced and soldered wiring....

Now for the testing, them things are BRIGHT! Sorry no pictures...they came out all white
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Re: HID conversion on Hella 4000

what a bright idea.

OK it finally got a bit darker outside so here's the pics.....

99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

WHOA!!!

You said 80 dollars huh....
    Might have to look into this...

That will get ya noticed. Looks like daylight out there now.
    96 4Runner SR5 B&amp;M trans cooler, H.I.D conversion

HOLY CRAP bruce!!!!!! man those are bright!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Ow my eyes! damn those things are bright.
    --------------------<br />slowheelin - a.k.a. Robb<br />93 4Runner V6 5 speed | Procomp shocks | Marlin Crawler Clutch | BFG AT<br />(more to come)

I want some

Does your engine tolerate the drain better with the HID's?
    [glow=blue,2,300]2002 4WD TOYOTA TACOMA &quot;TURTLE TACO&quot;[/glow]&nbsp; &lt;All the goods listed here&gt;

Bruce, do you know what ebay vendor you got those from? Also, are those 35W and H3? Thanks.
    My signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast