Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What brake pads do you like for stock rotors ?

What brake pads do you like for stock rotors ?

98 limited, stock twin piston calipers and stock rotors (in good shape).

I used to use the excellent Performance Carbon Metallic which seem to have dissapeared.

What do you like ??

David

Re: What brake pads do you like for stock rotors ?

Stock Toyota pads.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I use Auto Zone cheapies, but they are lifetime warranty, so yes they wear out faster, but as easy as toyota pads are to change, its worth it to me to go ahead and do it more often for less money. You buy the first set, and put them on, when they wear out, you buy a new set, and put them on, then you take the old set (in the new box) back to Auto Zone, they give you your money back. See, Free Brakes for life, as long as you dont mind changing them a little more often. I usually still get at least a year out of them.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

OEM pads.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

Thanks all..that was my default and the trade pricing I get softens the blow.

E

I've been moving towards using the cheaper metallic pads, but the Tundra upgrade doesn't seem to require anything special to stop the beast in a hurry and without warping the rotors. If you want low dust then the Akebono ProACT ceramic pads are an excellent choice.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

i want an oem brake pads also for mine for a very cheap price. well i just bought it at ebay.

I went OEM on my 2nd gen, and when my 3rd gen needs pads, I'll probably do the same.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

I went aftermarket once, Never again...
    OEM pads are about the best you get get for a Toyota IMHO...

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    I went aftermarket once, Never again...
    OEM pads are about the best you get get for a Toyota IMHO...
    Have you ever tried the Hawk LTS pads? They've been great on my 4runner and about comparable in price to the factory pads - no noise, low dust, excellent performance. If you buy cheap aft mkt pads, that's what you get . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast