Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 97' 4Runner Vs. 92" Cummins, Accident Photos....

Re: 97' 4Runner Vs. 92" Cummins, Accident Photos....

Well on my run back from Wendy's I made a stop for some poser pics.
    I would greatly appreciate it if someone with impeccables photoshop skills could edit out the power lines and polls and houses in the background.

Anyway On To The Pics...

Then some driveway shots with Stepdad's 4Runner.

Its so nice to finally have brown gracing the presents of our driveway and not red :-D

Right now I am in the middle of doing the 'Cup Holder' Mod.
    I will be doing my own right up since mine involves the rear heater. :-D

Reviving a thread I thought I could let dust start forming on.
    I have to take the truck back to the shop.
    I am giving them an ultimatum/warning Monday that I am bringing in the truck Tuesday.

First the truck seemed fine when I got it back.
    All up until I left of a light, going a little hard cause there was a merge ahead (PA is weird, don't ask lol) and I got an nice loud BANG!
    I was like WTF!?!
    So I turned the truck around and went back to tell them.
    Since there was no mechanics there that day they told me to come back Monday (this was the Saturday before new years).
    So I drive it around that weekend, and then bang only happen here and there.
    So Monday rolls around and I drive the truck there.
    Of course when the mechanic is in the truck with me, she is all nice an quiet.
    They took it to the back and put it on the lift but they couldn't see anything.
    I told them that there had to be something, I know my truck and I know what sounds it made before and after I got hit, and that wasn't one of them!
    So they shop manager said that when the cosmetic part they had to order came in they would take the truck for the day and give me a rental and they would take the truck for the day and give it a good look over.
    Well the part hasn't come in yet and the noise has become progressivly worse.

Now at first what I thought my issue was just my contorl arms not torqued enough.
    But then someone made the suggestion that the crush sleeve on the pinion bearing wasn't adjusted properly.

Well last night on my way to my girlfriends I noticed a slight clicking an grinding noise.
    And it got progressively worse when I applied the breaks.
    Then as I finally got home the truck would freaking vibrate itself to pieces when I applied the breaks, and I could feel the vibrations coming from both the front and the rear.

So me thinks that there is something wrong with the rear brakes that has now cause my front to warp :-D
    No there is no gear oil so we can rule out axle seal factor.
    So me thinks its something to do with the brakes themselves.

I am going to include the parts list and see if anyone can make heads or tails of what they replaced that it could be....

So if anyone can guess please give me an idea so I can point the shop in the right direction.
    When I take it in Tuesday I am also telling them that they better replace my front rotors too or they can gladly see me in Claims court :-D

I have had enough of this bull****.
    I want my truck to function!

The shop guarantees there work.
    So I can take the truck back millions of times till its done to my satisfaction.
    I just want an idea from to Toyota gurus of what it could be so I don't go in looking like an idiot.

Bump!

Bump!

Bumping again!
    I have till 8am tomorrow morning and I would like an idea. I beg and plead lol!

Its not neccesarily something they replaced, keep that in mind. It may just be that thier "reassembly" job was crap. it may be an OE part installed wrong that is giving you problems. Tell the shop if they cant fix it to satisfaction, you will have the dealer do it, and the shop can foot the bill.
    be polite, but be heard.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Well I was so we will see what happen tomorrow.
    I know that they f'ed up something.
    That you they installed faulty parts....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345