Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 97' 4Runner Vs. 92" Cummins, Accident Photos....

Re: 97' 4Runner Vs. 92" Cummins, Accident Photos....

Well good news.
    They were able to get the locker in Texas.

Should be here earliest Friday, latest Monday.
    So god willing the truck should be back in my hands by Tuesday, latest Wednesday.

Then its just a matter of getting all the harnesses and such and viola, Locker

Hell has frozen over and I am stuck with it!

They got the locker in, it was damaged...
    So now only god knows how long it will be till I have my truck back....

First snow of the season and I can't play in it.....

man avy, im sorry dude!!!

i kinda feel your pain, i havent driven mine in a week, its killing me! though that doesnt compare to your month long ordeal...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

how was it damaged? Did they say?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

They did not say but what I am figuring is that there looking not just for the 3rd but the entire axle, and they keep getting bent or warped axles.

Thats the only thing it could be cause hell, I have read up on the mod, I am sure i can print it out and they can find a good regular axle and a good 3rd and cut and viola be done.

I would ask them about it, if they are getting bad axles, or bad 3rds or what the issue is.... Ask them also what they are doing with the "damaged" third they have now... lol.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

seriously avy, that mod is more than what it looks like.

at this point i would just get my vehicle back with the stock axle that was in it, or with a new open diff axle, and maybe go with an arb setup or an elocker at a later date.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I am going to find out, but yeah at this point i guess my blessing in disguise was only a fairy tail...

I am going to hold out another week, i have a feeling things are going to start turning around soon

(Sean and Chris that means I will tell you in the chat )

Avy, make sure that they check out the rear drive shaft. It could be bent also, I'm not trying to prolong your time away from your gal, but if that's bent just a little it will be out of balance, and you will have viberation.

You will keep thinking it's tires but that drive shaft has to be straight or balanced. TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

IT'S BACK. TESS IS GRACING AVY'S DRIVEWAY ONCE AGAIN!!!!

Picks to come later, as for now... I am going for a Drive!!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast