Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 97' 4Runner Vs. 92" Cummins, Accident Photos....

Re: 97' 4Runner Vs. 92" Cummins, Accident Photos....

Well I got the final numbers both cost and time estimate back from the body shop...
    Needless to say its not pretty.
    I don't case so much the cost as too the damage.

SO Final Cost, Over 4K, he said 4 Thousand something, but I kind of fainted after just hearing 4 thousand.

So Final Damages:
    Obviously the Rear Quarter and the Driver side Read door...
    But here is were it gets really bad....
    I need An entirely new Rear end.
    Which consists of everything from the Axle to god only knows what else.
    I presume all suspension components and such...

Schedule date of return..... NOVEMBER 21ST!!!!

So this has just been on very fun filled experience....

Avy, hang in there buddy, I know the Dodge is a POS but it will work till you get TESS back. But be prepared for parts wait, the estimate date is only that. Just hang in there!! TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jim
    Avy, hang in there buddy, I know the Dodge is a POS but it will work till you get TESS back. But be prepared for parts wait, the estimate date is only that. Just hang in there!! TJ
    Yeah I know....
    I am just praying I get her back soon,
    We are already suppose to get a dusting of snow up here this Thursday...
    I wanted to have the truck back before any snow fell....
    Oh well....
    I am going to go to the shop some time Friday and see if they have even taken her apart yet or not, and ask them if I can document the repairs for personal sake...

Okay All you Toyota Guru's
    I have a question.

Some proposed to me the idea of asking the body shop to replace the axle with one with the e-locker installed (mind you I still have to find out if the 3rd is going to be replaces as well)

I would pay the difference for the e-locker equipped axle of course.

But my question is besides the e-locker itself, what is needed?

When I was moving my ECT and Rear Window button to the dash location I noticed that there were a few connection behind the panel attached to nothing.

Could one of those two plugs be for the e-locker and the other for clutch start cancel if I had a manual tranny?

And if so does that mean that I am already wired up for the e-locker and all I would have to do is get it installed and get it plugged in?

If not, how much is the harness if I had to get that as well?

Just trying to get a few more mods in during the down time and while i have the opportunity.

They will most likely swap the whole axle housing so you can probably talk them into using an e-locker axle. I don't know about the wiring but from what I understand it's not hard to wire up either way.
    1987 Toyota 4Runner<br />Specs Here: 4Runner Page

Well I have good news and bad news.

Bad News:
    Probably gonna be an extra week on the truck.
    They didn't like the first rear they got so they ordered another one, but forgot to order the one equipped with an e-locker, so good thing I called today to get everything verified, what makes me a little pissed about all of this is the guy over the phone was like "OH! Why didn't you say that when you dropped off the truck, we could have done that for you!", In return if I had been there in person I would have slapped him in the face and go, "Hey numb nuts, remember, I didn't know the ENTIRE axle had to be replaced." But I didn't do such cause you know what they are doing a lot for me as it is and I am greatly appreciative of it all.

Good News:
    I am getting a E-Locker for only $200-$300.
    I would have to do all the wiring myself and that nonsense but I already have the parts sources and it should cost me another $100 or so to get it wired up and going.

So once with the lift on, New Bigger Tires and different Rims, and Some Sliders, I can start trying some slightly harder stuff.
    Well at least anything in the limits of me not busting a CV here or there....
    Hmmm, makes me thing, maybe I should start looking for spare CVs now...

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun

Bad News:
    They didn't like the first rear they got so they ordered another one, but forgot to order the one equipped with an e-locker, so good thing I called today to get everything verified, what makes me a little pissed about all of this is the guy over the phone was like "OH! Why didn't you say that when you dropped off the truck, we could have done that for you!", In return if I had been there in person I would have slapped him in the face and go, "Hey numb nuts, remember, I didn't know the ENTIRE axle had to be replaced." But I didn't do such cause you know what they are doing a lot for me as it is and I am greatly appreciative of it all.

Good News:
    I would have to do all the wiring myself and that nonsense but I already have the parts sources and it should cost me another $100 or so to get it wired up and going.

So once with the lift on, New Bigger Tires and different Rims, and Some Sliders, I can start trying some slightly harder stuff.
    Kinda makes me want to get hit by a dodge...

...almost
    -Casey-<br />94 4runner 4x4 SOLD<br />99 4runner Limited

Quote Originally Posted by traben27
    Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun

Bad News:

Good News:

Kinda makes me want to get hit by a dodge...

...almost
    lol was about to say, No no you don't want to get hit by a dodge lol!

Just a little update on Tess
    She is almost done.
    Body work is done, I stopped by the shop today and ask if I could take a look at it.
    They walked me out and I almost cried...
    Its been over 3 weeks now since I haven't had her in my possession so...
    There were of course a few issues I pointed out well one really that the guaranteed me that it will be resolved (the door didn't look to be aligned right), they also said that they would do a full detail before I get her back.

So anyway the reason for the delay is..... The E-Locker.....
    They are having trouble tracking one down (surprise surprise)
    They have a hit on one in Texas! TJ wanna help me out man lol!
    Just playin, they will call me tomorrow on word if they could get it or not.
    But she is almost back to me, just need that 3rd in!!

The wait is worth it right... Yeah it is... Why am I questioning such a thing?

haha take it anyway, just unbolt that rear drive shaft and run around in FWD!!!

hope you get it back soon avy!!!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast