Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alright UY - Retreaded Tires - What do we think?

Alright UY - Retreaded Tires - What do we think?

Looking at this tire.

http://treadwright.com/Tires-31x10_50R15_OTR-P15.aspx
    31X10.5X15 for $65?
    Cross between BFG M/T and A/T
    Here is the company website.
    http://treadwright.com/default.aspx
    And warranty info
    http://treadwright.com/Warranty%20_M...readWright.pdf
    Info on thier process
    http://treadwright.com/CustomContent44.aspx

Discuss...
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Re: Alright UY - Retreaded Tires - What do we think?

One thing I've always wondered about retreads, how will they hold up when aired down and really used? I'm wondering if the flex and movement of an aired down tire will break the bond. I don't know, just wondering.

I saw a "Dirty Jobs" episode where he was retreading tires, it was very interesting.

Oh, and they are out of 33x12.5x15's
    My signature

Retreads are good for a spare to get you off the trail but wheeling with them...I wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.   

I ran them on a car once. They didn't balance worth a shit and wore out fast.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Im not sure, never done enough research on them, I do remember my uncle saying that he wouldnt put them on his truck. And that was good enough for me.

I know they are cheaper than new, but you got to remember, your family will be in that vehicle, driving 60+ down the highway, just something to think about.

Maybe check on other forums, Im sure there are Tire Forums see what others think,, but let us know if you do. Id like to know also, retreads may work for "trail" tires, on a "trail" rig that gets trailered.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Definately not on a family rig, but I would be interested to see what people say for a dedicated trail rig.
    My signature

Well, I dont have a family rig....and it doesnt even do 60... lol. I was just curious, keep the opinions coming guys...

Big rigs run them, and I know thats a totally different application, and yes they are all over the interstate, but why would they run them, if they weren't the most cost effective way to get miles under those rigs?
    -Chris
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.

I have heard mixed reviews on retreads.

SO I have opted not to go with them so...

I think for a trail rig, it wouldn't be a wise idea, but I don't know anyone that has run a retread on the trails...

These guys offer up to 37's. Bu they do mention that since 35's and larger are primarily used for offroading, they do not warranty those sizes...
    -Chris

ever see treads/rubber bits all over the highway?
    mostly from 18 wheelers that have had one seprate at speed.

while changing a tire on our trailer we heard one explode and some of the tread hit the back window of the car and broke it, we ducked

i wouldnt feel confident out on a trail
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast