Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: should be getting a new toy soon...

Re: should be getting a new toy soon...

Andy, those tops were done aftermarket in Cal. I can't remember the company's name. It might be easier if you may try contacting, Toyota Motor Sales, USA. They were all done in the Cal. port of entry. The other thing you will notice about the car , due to rear wheel drive, is the "body shake." It's a viberation to extreme, that you will feel through the steering wheel. Mind you, it's nothing major, it's just there when hitting bumps and such.

The car wasn't designed by Toyota to be a convertable. Not that Toyota didn't sign off on it. They just had to restructure the frame under neath to make up for cutting the top off.

Still a great car and a classic find. You will have a lot of fun with it!! Plus sentimental value. TJ

P.S. 1985 was the first year of the convertable.
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Not yet... I still have to get some shelving built in our garage to make space for it. We're at the in-laws today and I actually went out this morning to peek at it. I'll get some pics later today.
    -andy

Nice . . . . I always wanted to pick one up as a "go fast project car" - but I can't find any that aren't beat to hell and all dented up

torsen limited slip from an early supra should fit in there nicely . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

took some pics. hopefully we'll get it sometime this summer...

-andy

sweet!
    I really want a convertible now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12