Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: CBI rear bumpers for 3rd gen 4runners

Re: CBI rear bumpers for 3rd gen 4runners

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    This is awesome!
    another bag of just went into the microwave...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

awe freakin' lay off guys, he's pioneering here and i got a lot of respect for someone willing to make an effort to start the ball rolling on another source of 3rd gen bumpers. sheesh!

we are just jealous.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

With all the $$ you've poured into your 4Runner I am shocked you would risk damage to something as important as the frame by tossing the bumper on there and planning on adding a bunch more weight. Sounds like folks who know are trying to offer genuine advice to hopefully save you hardship. Looks like that 4Runner has to be about done? What else could you possibly do to it? What a beast! MPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Henrythewound
    Looks like that 4Runner has to be about done? What else could you possibly do to it?
    A rig is never done being built, he can still do a cage, SAS *hint hint*, supercharger or turbo, flatbelly, and the list goes on.

The bumper looks great, as for added plating and all, I will leave that to the experts, I wouldn't even know where to begin.
    At least there are more 3rd gen rear bumpers showing up.

he will probably be plating it this weekend with help of my buddy that build my bumpers and is going to build my skids. he knows what he is doing and i had him read all this and he will be using a lot of your guys info (bruce and good times) and it will get done right. blake is like me and just wants it done and on. lol then worry about all the other stuff later wether it be super important or not. we are young and will learn and thanks for all the help you guys!!
    96 4Runner, 4in OME/LC lift (883&#039;s w/ top plate spacer, Land Cruiser&#039;s 8 coil) 2in Body Lift 315/75/16&#039;s. rear e-locker&nbsp; <br />I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE JEEP THING THATS WHY I HAVE A TOYOTA!!

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    A rig is never done being built...
    Well, my 4Runner is "done". I added everything I care to add and it's more than capable to take me where I intend on taking it. At some point the mods simply cost too much to really warrant them for any real purpose other than obsession or aesthetics (IMO). A nice vehicle quickly turns into a bottomless money pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrythewound
    Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    A rig is never done being built...
    Well, my 4Runner is "done". I added everything I care to add and it's more than capable to take me where I intend on taking it. At some point the mods simply cost too much to really warrant them for any real purpose other than obsession or aesthetics (IMO). A nice vehicle quickly turns into a bottomless money pit.
    ive seen heavier bumpers have tires (aka Lees, and vermejo, and maybe others that didnt plate) im not throwing everything on right now, to be honest id like for ppl to actually read the thread of my posts ratehr then others and just mimic what they say..

thats all im hearing is a broken record at the moment except from a select few.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Where to start..... first off my comments were about the bumper you purchased and problems I see in the way it is mounted. To have that much weight on a single mounting point is asking for trouble down the road. That's right a single mount on the end of the frame rail at it's weakest point. The 2" bottom plate won't do squat for vertical loading, so now you have a 1/2" plate bolted to a frame that is less than an 1/8" thick. I guess you just don't want to hear this, so you had to lie and bring up that you had already gusseted the frame. The frame doesn't need to be gusseted if the bumper mounts are done properly to spread the load force over a larger area. I even change my design after an issue came up on one run, then I added a top plate that fully wraps the frame.

Now I won't bring up all the other problems I see, just figured you'd find out the hard way since it's very apparent that you don't want to hear it. Just one word of advice though, once you start lying about upgrades, it's gonna make it that much more difficult for anyone to take you seriously.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    Where to start..... first off my comments were about the bumper you purchased and problems I see in the way it is mounted. To have that much weight on a single mounting point is asking for trouble down the road. That's right a single mount on the end of the frame rail at it's weakest point. The 2" bottom plate won't do squat for vertical loading, so now you have a 1/2" plate bolted to a frame that is less than an 1/8" thick. I guess you just don't want to hear this, so you had to lie and bring up that you had already gusseted the frame. The frame doesn't need to be gusseted if the bumper mounts are done properly to spread the load force over a larger area. I even change my design after an issue came up on one run, then I added a top plate that fully wraps the frame.

Now I won't bring up all the other problems I see, just figured you'd find out the hard way since it's very apparent that you don't want to hear it. Just one word of advice though, once you start lying about upgrades, it's gonna make it that much more difficult for anyone to take you seriously.
    ok lets get this straight, id take you more seriously if you didnt have a snide ass remark about the bumper before it was on abut the mount saying

those mounts are less then desirable..

shit like that pisses me off more then anything. I ask for straight shooter responses,

aka (the mounts look like they need to be beefed up to disperse load distribution. wrap the mounts around the frame rail blah blah..

instead you make about 10 fucking posts that say that one damn sentence with a bunch of bullshit in between and make this thread totally fucking useless.

why am I pissed? because out of every fucking thread ive had for ideas or doing a conversion or whatever else ive done, ive had you or others come badger the fuck out of me and give me the most bullshit repsonse that anyone could give.

im out of here.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast