Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Veronica gets new facelift, the runner SAS plans

Veronica gets new facelift, the runner SAS plans

Ok before you get all, wtf why? stuff, i want to be able to run bigger tires, looks and functionability. Also strength is a concern, my steering is giving me a lot of bump steer lately and when I stop and hit a bump it wants to shift the thing almost a lane over.

my UCAs are squeaking and pissing me off, yes i have used everything to lube them, you name it, ive used it.

plans?

All pro SAS 3 link kit front.
    Diamond housing for 8" HP LC front and LC longfield shafts. 80 outers and knuckles
    rear diamond housing for 9.5" LC with FF setup (researching so yes im not exactly sure what ill do with the rear totally yet)
    Leaf the rear or 4 link wishbone setup.

JEReel driveshafts.
    steering kit from Allpro
    39" krawlers (if they still make that size)
    or a 37-40 of some sort.

17" rock monster wheels for a 100 series landcrusiser, means 5x150mm bolt pattern, but they are the sexiest wheels i have ever seen.

Armor. Stubbs double kickouts. plate work on front and rear arches. Bodylift stays but i will play the areas where the pucks are for insurance that they dont go through the body.

Custom designed by me front fiberglass fenders, right side will have cutout for snorkel.
    custom rear bumper probablly by somebody but designed somewhat like the rear stinger carriers from spyder customs.
    armorology front with 9.5ti

Im going to get things in pieces, probably the allpro kit ill buy part by part.
    this will take a year to gather up stuff, then build time should end up being not so bad.

some heard me say, ill never SAS, yeah im full of ####. If you havent noticed im full of #### half the time, then you havent read most of my comments.

I may be full of #### now, but hopefully not. at least i wasnt full of it when i said i was going to convert, one thing i actually went through with.

pictures of stuff.

for fenders

similar to but not quite so far out and so high up

for the fenders they will slant down from hood at 60 to 70 degrees and then flatten out at about 15 or 10 degrees, would be about 1" wider then the flares are now on each side, and would be about 4.5 to 5" rise compared to fenders now.

ok wheels?

rock monster LC wheels, now if they can make these in a 6 bolt pattern with the same look, ill take em, but since i doubt thats possible, ill take em as is.

they are beadlocked, but internal, similar to staun but not exactly, also two piece wheels i think.

rear bumper will look similar to this

instead of tying in the side supports to the body, id have hoops on the sides of the body it would tie into.

front? see Rics bumper, just silver

roof rack would be 46x79 AO.

still do not know on the width of the axles.

thats it for now.

start flaming if you will

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Re: Veronica gets new facelift, the runner SAS plans

Ambitious are we? Nice! Keep us up to date.

YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!! YOU SOLD ME YOU WOULD NEVER FUCKING SAS!!!

Okay, flaming done.
    Seriously dude, think this trough, I thought veronica was only going to be an expedition rig, and then you were gonna build a buggy?
    I am sorta going that route, but I am going to build up and SAS an 1st gen or older pickup (if I can't land one already with the SFA)

But keep your research up.
    Keep us posted.
    Will anticipate the finish product if you really do decide to do this.
    I will be convince the day I see you cut out the IFS

be convinced when i start buying parts.

I decided i can make it into an expedition rig and a crawler, as long as I keep the tube work a minimum (no #^$#^#$ exo dangit)

going internal cage, ill have side hoops behind the rear fender flares.

Im going to keep the money only towards maintence issues on the truck for now, if i need new tires, ill get some cheap streets or all terrain tires like nitto TGs in a 285 or 295.

id love to build a buggy, but for how i wanna do that, its gonna cost 5x more then this.

im debating spyder 9 housings as well. but this is going to be a long research project.

will research designs, and will start piecing parts, its still my DD and will remain my DD.

Yeah tubing needs to stay inside, and only out where needed.

Yeah money well spent, plus how about getting that speedo working again?

Which reminds me, I thought there were issues in SAS'ing a 01 or 02 runner?

This is ture but at least you can take your time to build the buggy and still have the runner as a DD.

Another question, you still going to do that Turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Yeah tubing needs to stay inside, and only out where needed.

Yeah money well spent, plus how about getting that speedo working again?

Which reminds me, I thought there were issues in SAS'ing a 01 or 02 runner?

This is ture but at least you can take your time to build the buggy and still have the runner as a DD.

Another question, you still going to do that Turbo?
    yeah should have mentioned engine work with turbo so yes.
    SASing a 4wd 01 is a problem, because of the VSC for 4wd, also i think A-trac? no idea. but anyways, no problems here, i already have a different front end under my truck in the front anyways. not gonna make any difference.

Plus i want to get ABS back so id go with 80 outers. but VSC i couldnt care less for keeping. and yeah ill have speedo fixed as well.

but im gonna try and keep it somewhat low even with 2" bodylift, just means i have more room to mount coilovers up front. and go with 3" springs out back at most with 2" shackles id assume, or i could figure out a way to use coils like a LC setup but still debating.

ill start picking up shock mounts and link mounts soon from AP and links. coilovers will follow later, then rear suspension after.

after that has been gathered, ill start looking for axle internals pieced out. then ill save up for the housings and then tires and wheels, bumpers will be last and ill probably do those after the SAS has been done anyways. ill keep my CBI bumper, but take off the carrier and work with the rear stinger drop down. that will be 1.5 years to 2 years from now anyways. lets see otherwise, fenders will also be after the SAS has been done, roofrack and other things not portaining to the actual swap.

4.88 diff gears with a turbo should be perfect.

over and out and time to get some food.

you talk a big game.
    must be nice being a millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by calrockx
    you talk a big game.
    lol i try, but to be honest, im dead serious on this one, its gonna take time, but its gonna happen one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by calrockx
    you talk a big game.
    x2
    But I would still strongly debate it.
    Runners like Mossy's and StevO's make me want to do it.
    But then I see the PA TTora guy's and there SAS Extended cabs with Tubed beds that makes me want to go that direction.

I don't have the money so I don't know what I would do.
    I am honestly myself leaning towards following the line of the PATTora guys.
    As much as an SAS'ed 3rd Gen is sexy, there just to pretty lol!
    I can't believe I said that, but yeah, but to each there own.

Some people have more money than sense J/K

Good luck with the build.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast