Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Veronica gets new facelift, the runner SAS plans

Re: Veronica gets new facelift, the runner SAS plans

Lance, that pop up is awesome, I just put that in my favorites.

Blake, looks like a crazy list, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Is the allpro kit a hydro assist kit? If you think you wander now, wait till you are on 40's.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Lance, that pop up is awesome, I just put that in my favorites.

Blake, looks like a crazy list, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Is the allpro kit a hydro assist kit? If you think you wander now, wait till you are on 40's.
    allpro has a 3 link kit that can be added to a lot of different front end applications, they also have crossover steering, id go hydro most likely. PSC probablly.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    some other items to check out:

Portal Axles (why not right? go big or go home!) - better stuff
    OOOOO Portals would be cool, and you would be the First Runner with them :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    some other items to check out:

Tom Wood's Driveshafts! (http://www.4xshaft.com/index.html) - good stuff
    Portal Axles (why not right? go big or go home!) - better stuff
    Pop up roof? check this bad boy out!!! - awesome stuff

Hutchinson Beadlocks rock! If I could do it I'd get this one

Like I said if the world's the limit then might as well go big If I can find some other saved links I'll post em up. Gotta go thru the hundreds of links I have on cool stuff I want!
    yeah i really like the jeep tj rock monster wheels however, i think its only in a 15" wheel? well i plan to go with 4th gen sport brakes or something that requires a 17" wheel, gonna go bigger then what I have now to improve on braking.

portal axles would be nice, but that would put my truck up like another foot in the air to clear the diff with the engine itself. thats my problem that that. depends on the portal boxes too. volvo or mercedes.

hmm popup roof?

if it can be done on my 4runner, ill probablly do it.

Blake, the wheels are 17" too They look exactly like my old AR-23's that I have and really love the 5 spoke design.

You can do the portals with your setup if you want. This just gives you more lift cuz of the portals. As for the diff to clear, that'll be an issue w/ your diamond axles and the lift you get and nothing to do w/ the portals. Portals just lowers your reference point on the center of the wheels below the axle line.

The pop up can be done on any vehicle actually. You just have to find the right fabricator that will do the painful work. It'll have to seal up well cuz if not it'll leak. Fabric will be key too but you'll want to use canvas instead of some synthetic stuff. If you do indeed go this route look into sunbrella fabric as they're the good stuff right now. I've been lurking at something like this for some time so if you want more info I can send em your way

Avy, portals have already been done 4mogger's 2nd gen. I don't know of any other 4runner w/ portals but I could be wrong.
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

ahh well ill keep those 17" versions an option too, the other ones with the multispokes just look originally different and good.
    well it depends on what axles i decide to put the portal boxes on, but essentially it moves the axle up from the wheel hub center and creates clearance issues with the pan and engine that ive heard. (though i could be very much wrong) and can be done lower, but then that creates articulation issues.

their is a guy that did it with the landcruiser that has great articulation running 40s i think, gotta check his out.

Ah did not know that Sir Lance.
    Still would be cool though.

Blake, I believe you could use the oil pan from the T100 3.4L for the clearance issues, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Ah did not know that Sir Lance.
    Still would be cool though.

Blake, I believe you could use the oil pan from the T100 3.4L for the clearance issues, but I could be wrong.
    yes i think its mandatory regardless of portals or not.

idea of my fenders.. rough sketch, half buzzed for forgive me

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2474/imgoc7.jpg

if i find something similar that has been done to what i want to do, ill post up.

Ah Now I can imagine the fender description.
    Very cool.

I can see both sides of this, on one side, I say learn to wheel IFS first, and when your doing the hardcore trails, and starting to break stuff, THEN, do the solid axle, but learn not only the rigs (ifs) limits AND yours, then do it.....
    On the other side, "Its your money, do what YOU want with it" who cares what others think.... either way, I wanna help

Now I know that Im not doing the "hardcore" trails, but the trails that I do run, Ill try the harder lines, and IFS hasnt let me down yet...
    I remember running, I think it was possibly Moody Hill, and a section (not the quarry) someone saying "what ya doing, thats the solid axle line" I made just fine, my point is with a good spotter and some skill (ok luck ) IFS works Blake I dont think that you, will ever "need" a solid axle rig, but if you "want" it, go for it
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast