Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: the most annoying thing about your 3rd generation?

Re: the most annoying thing about your 3rd generation?

I think the only thing I find annoying is that it doesnt get wheeled enough
    Im pretty happy with it, I knew that toyota make great, reliable stuff, they havent let me down yet.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

My vote for the main thing I would change about my 3rd gen.....Toyota, please don't ever go back to making engines with iron blocks and aluminum cylinder heads!!! Thank God they fixed that on the 4.0L motor now so no more souls need to suffer blown head gaskets. After doing the brake and suspension upgrades, no major complaints on my 3rd gen except for the useless spring board cup holders they give you.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

The front windows squeking during operation and the rattle noise it makes when closing the doors.

That when I press the cruise control button, my 4Runner can't seem to find it's way home without my assistance....

Oh wait it's not an autopilot
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

actually, speaking of cruise control, mine downshifts EVERY hill i get to. its far too sensitive and twitchy.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

mine stays in whatever gear i put it in

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    actually, speaking of cruise control, mine downshifts EVERY hill i get to. its far too sensitive and twitchy.
    Depends on the hill for me, sean it might be your tires size and gearing that is causeing it to be too tocuhy

1. 4000 + lb vehicle with a 180 crank hp rating on the 3.4L which translates to a 10 second 0-60 = Trouble merging, accelerating onto freeways, etc. Supercharger fixed that problem - 308 crank hp 6 second 0-60.

2. Body roll/Swaying on every turn. Addco sway bars and Bilstein shocks fixed that problem

3. 13MPG. Lightened the truck 200+ lbs and over 32 lbs of rotational mass. Improved MPG. I have a lead foot and choose NOT to fix that problem.

4. Sluggish shifts. Placed shims in the valve body - fixed that problem. Downshifts chirp the tires and break loose on the slightest turns.

5. Narrow wheels that sit far inside the fender flares. Volk 16x8" negative 20 offset 3.5" backspacing fixed that problem.

6. 4000 lb vehicle with front rotors and rear drums = terrible braking. Lightened the wheels 22 lbs rotational weight. Lightened the rotors by 2 lbs roational weight. Brembo rotors, goodrich stainless brakelines, and keeping the rear drums consistently in line fixed that problem.

I'm not gonna b!tch about problems and not attempt to fix them. Next question is why did I buy a 4runner? Convenience of going to costco and loading the rear along with 4 golf bags. I didn't try to build a race car. I made this underpowered boat a pleasure to drive on a daily basis.
    2000 Sport Edition TRD Supercharged<br /><br />http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...side/Sig18.jpg<br /><br />Baseline 2.1&quot; Pulley No Tune:<br />246 RWHP &amp; 282 RWTQ<br />6 second 0-60

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    Depends on the hill for me, sean it might be your tires size and gearing that is causeing it to be too tocuhy
    it definately got worse after the tires, BUT it was still bad when i had stock 265/70r16 on there.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789