Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the most annoying thing about your 3rd generation?

Re: the most annoying thing about your 3rd generation?

my gas tank only holds 9 gallons now and the driveshaft weight got hung on the skid. So the weight is now gone and a fuel cell is next on the list.

other than that, I absolutely love 3rd gens.
    97 runner and 02 tundy

Mine would be the headlights on my 98 - The beam and brightness suck and I can't wait to change over to the 99+. There are so many times that cars and trucks behind me do a better job lighting the road in front of me than my own headlights

Also, I leave my drivers window open a crack all the time when driving (even in Winter). Water and snow pour in everytime I hit the brakes landing right on the window and door lock controls. I will be installing the Weathertech deflectors as soon as the weather warms up
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

i would havta aggree with the gas tank being so low. mine is destroyed. i smashed the tanks skid plate enough to move it into the driveshaft and it broke a grease fitting off. nothing an ez out a new fitting and little cutting of the skid plate to "clearance" it counldnt fix. i have a new mint tank skid plate and plan to use angle iron inside and out to give it the strength it needs.
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Cup holder, dripping window, oil filter, and the plastic in radio mast (I love the up and down though).
    Condell<br /><br />1996 3.4L 4wd 4Runner SR5<br />TJM-15<br />Hella 500<br />Silverstars

I got rid of the power mas
    T a long time ago. Lol

I used to complain about the oil filter location until i did it a few times and found the easiest way..Now i can have the oil changed in 20min, and actually enjoy changing it due to the ease. Take that Toyota "Express Lube"
    I am always paranoid about my gas tank, but not enough to hate the location.
    The only thing I do not like is the location of the spare tire. I keep it lubed up, but when it hits -30 here, that thing is not budging.
    Other than that I find that I cant imagine driving any other toyota product. I had a 2nd gen, I dislike the 4th gens, I think the FJ cruisers are gay and are only made worse by some of the people who drive them. I really like the <07 tundras and 4th gen taco's prior to their "make-over" but have no need for an empty box.
    So really, there are some small nuisances but most can be fixed. It beats driving a yellow offspring of a mini cooper/hummer.
    99 4Runner Limited

the deal with water and windows happens with every vehicle Ive ever driven in my life. I have ventshades on the 4runner and they are champs. Ive dented the metal behind them and no give and They have some red paint from passing an exo'd cruiser at tellico where they didnt break.
    97 runner and 02 tundy

how about everytime i wash my car the rear window on both sides likes to drip and run all the way down!!! haha just a little one but i sure hate having to re wipe that down lol
    96 4Runner, 4in OME/LC lift (883&#039;s w/ top plate spacer, Land Cruiser&#039;s 8 coil) 2in Body Lift 315/75/16&#039;s. rear e-locker&nbsp; <br />I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE JEEP THING THATS WHY I HAVE A TOYOTA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mossyrocks
    the deal with water and windows happens with every vehicle Ive ever driven in my life. I have ventshades on the 4runner and they are champs. Ive dented the metal behind them and no give and They have some red paint from passing an exo'd cruiser at tellico where they didnt break.
    Most of my older cars had deeper channels along the edge of the room and I never had a prob with water coming in with the intensity that it does on the 4Runner.

Funny story though about the vent shades - i used to drive a tracker/sidekick. One summer when it was 34deg out (celsius) with the roof off, my clear shade broke off on the highway (well a piece of it) as i rolled the window up. Because it was clear, I couldnt even see where it went. I get a call the next day from the provincial police that someone has complained that I threw a huge sheet of ice at them. Who knows what crack they were smoking to think a huge sheet of ice could come from a convertible car in the middle of a july in a heat wave. The cop just laughed when I explained it to him. Told me they were even thinking the other guy must have been on some weird stuff to make that up
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

Quote Originally Posted by 4Runner202020
    how about everytime i wash my car the rear window on both sides likes to drip and run all the way down!!! haha just a little one but i sure hate having to re wipe that down lol
    OMG YOU TOO??!?!?!?1 i HATE THAT!!!! drives me insane.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast