Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The future of the 4Runner (5th Gen)

Re: The future of the 4Runner (5th Gen)

i'd like to see a hybrid option . maybe in a few years there can be one with a minimal compromise on power for a big boost in mileage .

-Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by calrockx
    i'd like to see a hybrid option . maybe in a few years there can be one with a minimal compromise on power for a big boost in mileage .
    I would MUCH rather see a turbodiesel option than hybrid... Each would cost about the same in terms of a price premium to the buyer, but a diesel would be far easier for Toyota to implement given they already have several diesels in their overseas lineup (it would also be a better option for an off-road vehicle, and would have towing advantages). I just don't buy into the hybrid hype that is rampant right now.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

more pictures if yall havent seen them

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

btw it has a party mode button, im down with it,
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox

I would MUCH rather see a turbodiesel option than hybrid... Each would cost about the same in terms of a price premium to the buyer, but a diesel would be far easier for Toyota to implement given they already have several diesels in their overseas lineup (it would also be a better option for an off-road vehicle, and would have towing advantages). I just don't buy into the hybrid hype that is rampant right now.
    ooh yeah, that works too. i'm good either way. come on toyota, let's get on it.

Man the more I see this one the more I want one, I think Toyota is finally starting to pull there heads out of there @$$, well.... just a little....

I would love a turbo diesel, that would be the ultimate engine to have.

While they have the options in overseas packages, they still have to meet the EPA regs here, which starting in 2010 or 2011, all diesels including Big Rig either have to have a zero emissions, clean burning diesel or a exhaust fitted for uriea (sp) treatment....

you can now build one on toyota.com

it's growing on me... I don't like any of the stock rims though.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

I kinda like the trail rims cause they remind me of mickey Thompson classic IIs

It looks a little like the FJ Cruz and the FZJ 80.
    I could get used to it!

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast