Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Write-up: Rear Mount - Firestik II Antenna

Re: Write-up: Rear Mount - Firestik II Antenna

i have an extra one of those brackets if anyone wants one.

im trying to redesign it. i hate having to use the quick release to open the rear door.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    i have an extra one of those brackets if anyone wants one.

im trying to redesign it. i hate having to use the quick release to open the rear door.
    Do you have a spring on it?
    I just push the antenna out of the way.
    I asked SC4Runner from YT about his cause I wanted my Antenna out of the way (hence why even my stock radio antenna went by by)
    And the spring works for him.

yea i have a spring. still hate it. i know its probably the best place on the vehicle, its just such a pain.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I don't know if I am missing something or not, why do you need to move the antenna to open the door?
    My signature

tail gate curves around and above taillight. it doesnt go straight up like 2nd gens.

garret said it with a pic. ill clarify. the piece of the door above the tail light hits the antenna when it goes up, and if you push the antenna to the side, it will get pinched when the door comes down.

Oh, I get it now. I was picturing it going straight up.
    My signature

Do Firestick antennas not flex? Only reason I ask is because this Wilson is the only one I've own and it'll bend nearly tip to tip (180degrees)

no the firestik's are hard fiberglass. i have a spring, and all that does is make it hit my rear door.

Gotcha.. I guess I won't be replacing my Wilson with one then! Even tho I was thinking about it.

Someone on the CB forum mentioned having a Everhardt antenna.. which is like my Wilson and bends easily out of the way.

They also said when they did side by side comparison with it.. the Everhardt gave better readings.. and they're cheap. Might want to look into one of those or the Wilson.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast