View Poll Results: Out of the following which one are you running NOW?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM2

2 14.29%
  • Firestone Destination MT

4 28.57%
  • Goodyear Wrangler MT/R

5 35.71%
  • Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ

0 0%
  • Nitto Mud Grappler

0 0%
  • Procomp Radial Mud Terrain

1 7.14%
  • Super Swamper SSR

0 0%
  • Toyo Open Country M/T

0 0%
  • Interco Truxs M/T

2 14.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets Talk Tires

Re: Lets Talk Tires

I had MTZs and loved them. Good tread life (similar to MTRs) but do MUCH better in the mud. ebay usually has the best MTZ prices.
    -andy

Running the BFG MT's. Work pretty well for as little tread as they have now. Grab rocks pretty well, and are MUCH lighter than the 35" Trxus MT's that are waiting to go on.

Balancing is an issue though. Not sure if it's from the steel rims or from the tires though.

Could who ever voted on the Procomp Radial Mud Terrains Speak up please :-P

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    I would NOT get the ProComp Radial Muds if I were you (the Xtreme Muds bight be a different story). A buddy of mine has the radial muds and while they are an ok price, they are pretty loud for a mud and the tread chunks readily. His '05 Doublecab Taco sounds like it has a wing of fighters following it around when driving... IMHO you can get a better tire for the same price as these things.

You choices do not include one of my favorite mud tires- the Interco Truxs M/T. While they are a little hard to balance, they are an EXCELLENT value for the price, and have tread wear and traction similar to a Goodyear MTR. They are a tough tire with good traction in a variety of conditions, thick sidewalls, chip-resistant compound, and are actually quiet for an off-road tire. You should definitely check them out, I think a 33x12.50r15 is around $150... I have been very happy with mine

Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox
    I would NOT get the ProComp Radial Muds if I were you (the Xtreme Muds bight be a different story). A buddy of mine has the radial muds and while they are an ok price, they are pretty loud for a mud and the tread chunks readily. His '05 Doublecab Taco sounds like it has a wing of fighters following it around when driving... IMHO you can get a better tire for the same price as these things.

You choices do not include one of my favorite mud tires- the Interco Truxs M/T. While they are a little hard to balance, they are an EXCELLENT value for the price, and have tread wear and traction similar to a Goodyear MTR. They are a tough tire with good traction in a variety of conditions, thick sidewalls, chip-resistant compound, and are actually quiet for an off-road tire. You should definitely check them out, I think a 33x12.50r15 is around $150... I have been very happy with mine
    This is the second time in this thread that the Interco Truxs M/T has been mentioned.
    Just curious, when reading up on this tire, isn't it part of the super swamper line?

I will add them to the list seems a lot are running them.

Just curious, when reading up on this tire, isn't it part of the super swamper line?
    They're actually part of of the TrXuS line, so "related" to the god-awful STS's. They're only related to a Swamper because they're made by the same company, Interco.

http://www.intercotire.com/site35.php
    Brian
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox
    They're actually part of of the TrXuS line, so "related" to the god-awful STS's. They're only related to a Swamper because they're made by the same company, Interco.

http://www.intercotire.com/site35.php
    Ah I see I see,
    Well There in the poll now and hope to hear more on any of the tires I have listed.
    Thanks Brian

I am actually running Procomp X-terrains, but wouldnt buy again, as they sidehill something awful.
    They do grip well, although seem to have a problem cleaning themselves out very much...

I will soon be purchasing a set of Radial Interco TSL's. (36X12.5X15)
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    Here on the westcoast, MTR's work great for most of the wheelin..... But since your back east, go with what is more popular out there, SSR's seem to clean better in the mud compared to MTR's, but MTR's will have better tread life.
    X2 on what bruce said. they're awesome in dry rock, ok in mud, not so great in snow. great for a DD tire...its what i had on both my old runners. they wear great..and the sidewall protection cant be beat..no comparison hands down. theres a reason why so many run them...especially in dry rock conditions.

now..if you have snowy winters, and are relying on your next tires to get you through them..if you go MT/R, get them siped. otherwise, its not the best choice for snow. trxus or toyos would fair better in snow i thinks..but both are quite heavy compared to the rest on your list. anything interco is uber strong, but they have soft compounds so they will wear faster.

cant comment on the others as i have no first or 2nd hand experience with them.
    sonny<br />1998 4Runner LTD...d0uble locked on 35&#039;s<br />crawlinbc.com

The TrXuS M/T's do quite well in the snow as well. They have a pretty good amount of siping, and as such grab on to slick snow and ice better than I would have expected.
    Brian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast