View Poll Results: Out of the following which one are you running NOW?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM2

2 14.29%
  • Firestone Destination MT

4 28.57%
  • Goodyear Wrangler MT/R

5 35.71%
  • Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ

0 0%
  • Nitto Mud Grappler

0 0%
  • Procomp Radial Mud Terrain

1 7.14%
  • Super Swamper SSR

0 0%
  • Toyo Open Country M/T

0 0%
  • Interco Truxs M/T

2 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets Talk Tires

Lets Talk Tires

I know the minute you all read that title you went
    "Oh, God here we go again, another Tire thread!"
    YES IT IS!
    But I would like to try to put this thread in a different direction.

I just scored a nice set of Mickey Thompson Classic II Rims.
    16x8, 4.25 backspacing (or somewhere around there)
    Here are some pics:

So I want to wrap a very nice aggressive off-road tire as since these rims will be mounted only when I hit the trails
    (I still have to drive there)
    [size=10pt][size=10pt]The tires I have selected in the poll are the tires I want to know about.[/size][/size]
    Since these rims and tires will only be mounted when I hit the trails (still have to drive there) I want something aggressive.

I would like to hear the opinions form those running any of tires listed above at this moment.
    Pros and Cons,
    Please no opinions on what I should or should not.
    I will make that decision on my own later,
    I just want to hear the opinions from those running these tires currently.
    Thank you

I personally would like to run the Super Swamper SSRs but I haven't hear from anyone running them and I would like to hear from people who have run them along with the others listed.

(For some reason I still feel like I might get flamed for this thread.... please don't kill me )

Re: Lets Talk Tires

for what its worth, my next tires will be the mtr's.

i like my bfg AT's, never let me down. alot of people say they are very heavy. but they have great tread life for the street, depending how much you drive on the street, might be a big deal.

heard OK things about the nittos, but i heard tread life was less than spectacular, and the design isnt quite as aggressive as some others.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I am using the A/T now, and love it.
    I was originally going to upgrade the size on my stock rim after the lift and run those as a DD,
    But will be looking more for a HT tire with the wonderful price in gas rising :-)

Super Swamper (in its wide variety of type) seems to be a popular tire with the trail guys around here,
    That and the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw (and are now regretting it.....)

I havent ran any of the tires you listed, I did run the Bridgestone Dueler MTs, hated them. Im on my second set of the Firestones Destination MTs Just wanted to say nice score
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

RIC!
    I forgot about the Firestone Destination MTs
    I actually would love your opinion on those please!

Yeah it was a nice score, cool guy too.

Here on the westcoast, MTR's work great for most of the wheelin..... But since your back east, go with what is more popular out there, SSR's seem to clean better in the mud compared to MTR's, but MTR's will have better tread life.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

RIC!

well out here, in the snow, rain, and the rocks, I absolutly love these tires, they stick like glue, on anything, lol I got 50K miles out of the first set, still had about 5-7Kish left in them, but had the cash to get another set, so I did while I had it, lol they are not near as loud as the Bridgestones, they are loud and only lasted about 30K, thats why i got another set, I honestly dont see myself going to or trying another brand, as Im really happy with these, for I use them for, UNLESS, I get a killer deal on something else, lol.
    I think the key with MTs is to rotate them every 6K and check the alinement when you get the rotated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    RIC!

well out here, in the snow, rain, and the rocks, I absolutly love these tires, they stick like glue, on anything, lol I got 50K miles out of the first set, still had about 5-7Kish left in them, but had the cash to get another set, so I did while I had it, lol they are not near as loud as the Bridgestones, they are loud and only lasted about 30K, thats why i got another set, I honestly dont see myself going to or trying another brand, as Im really happy with these, for I use them for, UNLESS, I get a killer deal on something else, lol.
    I think the key with MTs is to rotate them every 6K and check the alinement when you get the rotated.
    What tire size are you running?
    And you still DD your rig right?

I rotate my A/Ts every 10K (its been 20k on them already )

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    Here on the westcoast, MTR's work great for most of the wheelin..... But since your back east, go with what is more popular out there, SSR's seem to clean better in the mud compared to MTR's, but MTR's will have better tread life.
    I presume your running the MTRs now Bruce?

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    RIC!

What tire size are you running?
    And you still DD your rig right?

I rotate my A/Ts every 10K (its been 20k on them already )
    im running 285s and yeppers my daily driver, lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast