Page 96 of 108 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Failure at its finest

Re: Failure at its finest

So for the 2nd time now an oxygen sensor literally blew off my exhaust.

Im not sure how they are supposed to be attached since my exhaust was replaced, but it seems as if they put them on there and maybe welded the stud so they wouldnt come off.

I already had one blow off last summer and was lucky enough to put some copper RTV on it, seal it off and put a nut with some washers on what was left of the threads. A week ago the downstream sensor blew off, I go to put it back on and where the actual sensor goes broke off-looked all brittle and rusty anyways. So 70 bucks from rock auto and that ones bolted on too.

Might wanna check your sensors guys, when it happens you have like 0 back pressure and it makes it fun to drive!
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Plenty 'o Chevy IFS fail:
    Chevy Duramax IFS FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Plenty 'o Chevy IFS fail:
    That is a CRAZY amount of steering flex under load . . . is that somewhat normal on GMCs?
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

I'd be willing to bet it is for the high-torque diesel trucks.

Especially with how easy it's become to chip 'em to get more power.
    --- Gary

Every year . . . this one looks achingly similar to another video of cars on an icy hill
    Cars Slip, Slide, Crash on Icy Street in WA

The most expensive or painful lessons are the ones learned best. For example, if you're at the top of a hill and see a whole bunch of cars piled up and pointing in every direction, don't assume the drivers didn't know how to parallel park

I noticed the Tacoma was doing fine. The Chevy behind it though, not so much.

I noticed that too, the Taco looked like it had no issues, the guy in the Chevy looked right foot happy though and thats probably what happen, he had it in reverse gunning it to try to keep from sliding...

Gotta give the Ford Fusion(?) at :47 props . . . driver kept it straight and wasn't afraid of a little bit of speed as long as the tires kept turning

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    I noticed the Tacoma was doing fine. The Chevy behind it though, not so much
    I like how that Chevy started rollin' coal right before it hit the pile
    My signature

Page 96 of 108 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast