Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mojave Road Revisited

Mojave Road Revisited

Ran the Mojave Road for the second time last weekend. This time I went with the Victor Valley 4Wheelers. We had a blast...got to see lots of different sights. The lava tubes were probably my favorite part. We also a desert tortoise, tons of caterpillars and wild flowers. There were 12 rigs in attendence (2 Yotas, 1 Blazer and 9 Jeeps) and no one broke down!

Here is a slideshow of highlights from the trail set to music....

and here are all the pics I took...

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z...0April%202008/

Re: Mojave Road Revisited

Wow...looks really awesome jenn! That shot with the light coming down in the lava tube is cool.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Looks like everyone had a great time, nice pictures.
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

i have some question regarding the mojave road
    can a stock fullsize make this run?
    how long is it?
    did you camp overnight or did you run it in a day?
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Quote Originally Posted by wifesaysimadumbass
    i have some question regarding the mojave road
    can a stock fullsize make this run?
    how long is it?
    did you camp overnight or did you run it in a day?
    Since you alread scratched the hell out of your dodge, you could probably take it through. It is ~130miles for just the trail. There is a lot of cool stuff on the offshoot roads, I've done it in 2days and in 3days (I don't think I will ever do it in 2 days again).

Jenn, awesome pics! Where were the lava tubes in relation to where we camped last time in the lava fields?
    My signature

Chris, we literally drove right by them. VV4W took us on the same offshoot trail we were on that took us to the top of that big cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by JnJ
    Chris, we literally drove right by them. VV4W took us on the same offshoot trail we were on that took us to the top of that big cliff.
    Wow, I wish we would have seen them, very cool! Anyone get tippy in that ditch on that road?
    My signature

No, we didn't make it quite that far. If UY ever does another run out there, we'll have to stop to see them.

Wow, doing the Mojave Road twice in one year, I'm Jealous.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

God - can't wait to move out there and do that run!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast