Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rebate Check Purchases

Re: Rebate Check Purchases

Quote Originally Posted by dontdo_that
    Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    And i don't believe your parents get what your rebate Ned, according to a friend of mine her dad doesn't get her rebate, which I think is complete BS
    I believe they do. They get an addition 300 in addition to their 600 for each dependent they claim, which means any claimed dependent is ineligible, regardless of the fact that they may earn qualifying income (like I do). I earned over 3000 in the 2007 tax year, which makes me eligible for it, but since my parents are claiming me as a dependent, I get nothing and they get an additional 300. or atleast my mom does. Thats what my understanding is anyway :-P
    Who knows anymore.
    I just know I have to wait for money that I actually need at like the beginning of JUNE!

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    Quote Originally Posted by amgraham
    Does anyone else get a kick out of the fact that the Canadian guy is the one who has the full US tax rebate schedule?
    Unfortunately it is because as a US citizen you still have to file US taxes even if you live out of the country.
    BTW, it's the only country in the world that does that too.......massive pain in the butt.
    Well, that just plain sucks..
    1987 Toyota 4Runner<br />Specs Here: 4Runner Page

Quote Originally Posted by amgraham
    Well, that just plain sucks..
    You got that right.

It's worse than the Capital One "you've got bankers" and "hands in your pockets" commercials.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

for the record, the dates in that chart are "by this date"

so even if it says may 9, you can get it beforehand. my friend is listed for may 2nd and got his like a week ago.

im a may 9th-er
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Who knows anymore.
    I just know I have to wait for money that I actually need at like the beginning of JUNE!
    Lol you didn't sign up for direct deposit?
    -Ned<br /><br />1997 4Runner 4x4 3.4L V6 Black<br />OME/TRD Lift | 265 Pro comp MT | AR Bajas 16x8, Kenwood Excelon KDCx789 | Polk DB650 speakers | WabFab Discos | Other stuff<br />

i know my family doesnt do direct deposit because we like actually having that check in our hand, for the amount it should be, making sure the IRS isnt jacking us (anymore than they already do)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

is there a cap limit? my parents make about 185k together
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

"Starting in May, the Treasury will begin sending economic stimulus payments to more than 130 million households. To receive a payment, taxpayers must have a valid Social Security number, $3,000 of income and file a 2007 federal tax return. IRS will take care of the rest. Eligible people will receive up to $600 ($1,200 for married couples), and parents will receive an additional $300 for each eligible child younger than 17. Millions of retirees, disabled veterans and low-wage workers who usually are exempt from filing a tax return must do so this year in order to receive a stimulus payment."

More info here: http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=177937,00.html
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

I hear they start taking money away if your income is 75K +

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    I hear they start taking money away if your income is 75K +
    #%%# im screwed
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast