Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Popped my Mud cherry

Popped my Mud cherry

Well - I finally got to put my MTs to use yesterday. I happened to be at a restaurant with my gf for dinner where the local Jeep club meets weekly. One of my friends is a member with his TJ and I was mentioning that I couldnt find any good places to get durrrty. He says, well lets go right now. Well I am dressed in nice white shoes with a sparkling clean truck and I say why not

SO, 15 min later, im in 2 feet of mud (in places). The new tires work great. I even tried using the locker at one point and found that the truck drives completely sideways on mud when this is on so i didnt use it much.

We did get a camera phone video of me but it doesnt look great. Here is a shot today of the after effects - cell phone camera pic so it doesnt show the mud that great. It is going to take a good pressure washer beating tonight to get all the stuff out of the wheel wells

Considering that I followed him around everywhere, my truck was very clean at the end since my tires are still tucked in while his stick out so the sides of his jeep were inch thick mud everywhere.

I can't wait to go again this weekend
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

Re: Popped my Mud cherry

ROCKS baby, BEEEEEEEEG RAWKS!!!

Mud is my enemy. lol. Congrats on getting her dirty!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

ahhhhh... you have been bitten by the mud bug.
    Gas-20.00
    New CD for Back roads- 12.00
    Money for car wash- 7 dollars (in quarters)
    Your teenage years and a toyota truck- priceless

**now that i am older and realize how much it cost to fix junk... i can always just sit and remember the good old days! Just use common sense and you will do as well as any of the jeeps
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Quote Originally Posted by gilby4runner
    ahhhhh... you have been bitten by the mud bug.
    Gas-20.00
    New CD for Back roads- 12.00
    Money for car wash- 7 dollars (in quarters)
    Your teenage years and a toyota truck- priceless

**now that i am older and realize how much it cost to fix junk... i can always just sit and remember the good old days! Just use common sense and you will do as well as any of the jeeps
    HAHA - I am older (in my 30s - well 15 days into my 30s) and I still haven't learned. I think I will be repeating this class over and over and...
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

Thats not dirty....
    I would post a pic but BruceTS has got me beat! LOL!
    Yeah I am with Chris and Gil, Rocks all the way!
    Unfortunately I can't stay away from mud cause Tess just attracts it.

Glad you had fun though, Now go find some Rocks and CRAWL!!

Good luck with the growing up thing. It's not working for me.

gilby you forgot to add

new alternator = 244 dollars

just ask rob when i was in blacksburg lol
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    gilby you forgot to add

new alternator = 244 dollars

just ask rob when i was in blacksburg lol
    yeppers, yota Alt. DO NOT like mud, I know from experiance, lol.. just wait till ya get muddy water into the cargo area, lol. Im now a hater of mud.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

pfft... THIS is mud

in truth though, go through mud a few times, realize it breaks and clogs more things than its worth, then switch to rocks!
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

This is an old pick from when I had rugged trails...

This was my second trip to paragon with a couple of local guys from various sites, I didn't want to play in mud, and swore I wouldn't, they wanted to, they got stuck, I had to help, so I just said screw it and played too:

See I had to have fun pulling people out:

Didn't work that way so I had to come around:

Thats the last time I did mud that heavy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast