Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Popped my Mud cherry

Re: Popped my Mud cherry

Yeah i had my mud days haha i have killed an alternator, a couple belts and a couple rear axle seals from it too. Also flooded the inside once. . . havent hit the mud in a while though

After being stuck for 3 hours. . .

99 Toy 4Runner<br />Retrofitted elocker, lockrite up front<br />4:88s<br />35&#039;s with 2.5&quot; lift<br />Custom front bumper with Milemarker 8k pound winch

Whoa!
    My engine bay was bad, but not that bad!
    My Alt finally go replaced.
    I killed the axle seals too...

Ah the mud days...

i despise mud. fun once, till you have to fix things and every time you are under the truck chunks break off into your eyes
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Mud sucks. I do not like what it leaves behind. I got into some mud with clay in it one time, and that was it. Its not about breaking stuff, cause that was never an issue. Its about cleaning the thousand pounds mud, off your truck. Its been years since I played in mud, and I still find clay. Mud

Wow - I still have some work to do to catch up to you guys. Unfortunately the rocks are too far to reach easily without making a long weekend trip out of it. And as of yet - i don't have the clearance to do it properly. I live just on the edge of the Canadian Shield however we aren't as lucky as you are in the US with having access to crown land. The closes patch of land to me is over 250kms away. I plan on doing my first trail run this summer up in the rocky land and I bet once I do, I will definitely stay out of the mud from that point on
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

My 4runner will be for trail use only... i learned to off road in my 86 yota...poor truck. I finally learned my lesson in my old jeep when i got hung up in some ruts and the mud / water flowed over the sides.... funny at the time (not to me but every one else) I guess i am a little wiser in my older age...lol
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Quote Originally Posted by 4LowLocked
    And as of yet - i don't have the clearance to do it properly.
    STEP 1: REMOVE THE RUNNING BOARDS!

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Quote Originally Posted by 4LowLocked
    And as of yet - i don't have the clearance to do it properly.
    STEP 1: REMOVE THE RUNNING BOARDS!
    haha - how did you know what my Saturday afternoon plans were already
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

Damn dude, the limited fender flares really keep your car from getting really dirty lol..

[img width=800 height=600]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff74/BornChaos/Picture271.jpg[/img]

that was done in less than 3 minutes with 265s in about a foot max of mud lol.. i wish i had a limited. i had a little bit of mud on my shirt haha.
    not to steal the show or anything!
    Congrats on getting it dirty Mudding is great, especially hitting some flat slick mud with some decent speed.. kinda like rally driving but a bit sloppier!
    -Ned<br /><br />1997 4Runner 4x4 3.4L V6 Black<br />OME/TRD Lift | 265 Pro comp MT | AR Bajas 16x8, Kenwood Excelon KDCx789 | Polk DB650 speakers | WabFab Discos | Other stuff<br />

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12