Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Tank relocation

Fuel Tank relocation

Finally got around to relocating my fuel tank.... I decided to go with a Ford F150 rear tank that has been used by many member of pirate4x4.... http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484247
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Re: Fuel Tank relocation

very nice! are you going to armor it?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

22 gallons? hmmmm that might just help out with some longer distances.

a total of 80 miles maybe but still 80 miles.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Is it 22 or 15?
    2001 4Runner 3.4V-6 SR5 4x4 Money Pit<br />2008 FJC TT SE 6 SPEED stock

The tank is only 18 gallons like the factory. JC Whitney sells a 38 gallon extended tank that is only 5" deeper... I may eventually get one of those for expedition type trips.

I do plan to build a skid plate, but I want to make sure there's no issues first. This will free up the space to go flat belly now.. 3" more of breakover clearance.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

very nice bruce!!! im throughly impressed! makes me want to do it now!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

is it a junkyard tank or new tank from a company?

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

I have been considering this as well.
    I must read read read now

Sweet work Bruce!

Ive heard the Isuzu tanks fit also, but i dont know how many gallons they are.. whats the gallon size ?
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

waiting for the write-up,
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast