Thread: Toyota iQ in the wild

Toyota iQ in the wild

ewww... I'd much rather drive the Prius than this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyth Miersma
    Fresh from the field are these first images of Toyota’s potential Smart competitor, the diminutive iQ. Toyota has already shown the production version of its attractive new microcar, but this is the first look we’ve gotten of the vehicle in the wild.

The iQ is said to incorporate an innovative 3+1 seating arrangement that can allow for three grown people and one child-size human to travel together. Toyota has further stretched the utility of the iQ package by giving the car a longer than average wheelbase with virtually no overhang at either end, maximizing the interior space in the process. Other space-saving features are a flat gas tank under the seats, small heater and air conditioning units, and thinner seats.

Attractive, utile, and efficient, we can’t help but have high early hopes for the iQ. It may even be fun to drive if the smiles on the faces of these test drivers are any indication. Check out more photos in the gallery, or read the spy shooter’s own thoughts on the Toyota iQ below the jump.
    Source: WindingRoad.com
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Re: Toyota iQ in the wild

It's Toyota's Version of the smart car......
    Smart did it better lol!

i actually like this car, alot. one main reason for me NOT liking the smart car, besides the fact that the only color i have seen in the states is p&&&y magnet yellow, is its built by merc, which has been near the bottom for quite some time on quality surveys.

this car has seating for 3, more interior room than the forTwo, i think its a great little car, will likely cost less than the forTwo (hopefully anyway) and will likely prove to be a better car. im eagerly awaiting for the camo to drop off and for the car to hit showrooms in '09/'10.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

did't they already make a car like this = (Echo,Scion Xa) eh..regarless, theyll sell a grip of these, first time buyer's...and grad's
    Rafa<br />NTP Northridge Toyota<br />19950 Nordhoff st<br />Northridge Ca 91324<br />email @ Rafam@northridgetoyota.com<br />818 532-3653

nah, yaris and xA/xD were replacements to the echo which was a replacement to the tercel. this car slots under the yaris as a super compact. this is a great city car, and i think it will do well in this country as we switch from 6000 pound, 8mpg hummers to something more in the range of 2000 pounds or less, with 40 mpg or more (with a traditional drivetrain, either gas or diesel). cars big enough to go shopping, but not so big you cant park them in a standard parking space.

i really hope this is well received in this country. so far the forTwo is doing well, and i think as gas climbs up into the $5 range, we will see alot more demand for small, inexpensive city cars.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Kind of looks like the smart cars. I see them in downtown Sacramento weekly. If I had one I'd be afraid someone would pick it up, put it in the back of a pick up and drive away.

theyll sell big time! i aggree....just wondering why they didnt go with a new design....it still looks like cars they have already put out.
    Rafa<br />NTP Northridge Toyota<br />19950 Nordhoff st<br />Northridge Ca 91324<br />email @ Rafam@northridgetoyota.com<br />818 532-3653

should add also since it is such a concern with small vehicles, it got a 5 star (euro) safety award. http://www.leftlanenews.com/toyota-iq.html

It has to be said,

I like it, and I kinda like the smart, but read a review on those. The tranny is terrible and the MPG aren't much better than a prius which is a much larger car. I really hope they bring the iQ here, would possibly be interested.
    Brian