Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobil 1 0W-30 Advanced Fuel Economy?

Mobil 1 0W-30 Advanced Fuel Economy?

Okay
    I was in Autozone today getting a few things for my tune up this weekend and came across this oil.
    http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...l_1_0W-30.aspx

Anyone here try it?
    Can it even be run in our engines.
    I was reading and it says its formulated to also work in vehicles that normally run SAE 0W-30, 5W-30 or 10W-30.

I don't know thought I would ask around.
    I didn't buy my oil yet cause I normally get it at discount from Costco or BJ's.

Just was wondering what everyone's thoughts were?

Re: Mobil 1 0W-30 Advanced Fuel Economy?

why not?

i used the calculator and got 7mi/tank better...anything helps these days.

good timing on this as i was looking for others use on viscosity...
    i was forced( ) to use the 20w-50 i had since i didnt have any 10w-30 (castrol full syn) and no way to get to the store (excuse?/got 5-6)
    so i decided to go the normal interval...i noticed after the second tank that my avg MPG dropped by ~1-2. could occasionally squeek 19.5 but couldnt get past 20.

as soon as i changed back to 10w-30 the avg went back to 20+mpg (over 3 tanks)
    est. that i burned over 27 extra gallons or ~$100
    wont do that again
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

I might just try it.
    I was just curious if anyone here has heard any reviews on it or had tried it themselves.

I have 10w-30 in now, I went with that cause it was in the garage collecting dust (stepdad bought it to do his oil change but ended up getting it done at the dealer complementary)
    I normally use 5W-30 in the summer and 10W-30 in the winter.

My gas mileage city right now is down to 10 and highway is 14.5
    I am doing a tune up this weekend to hopefully help that issue cause uh yeah I can't afford that kind of gas mileage....

I've been using M1 0W-30 in my vehicles for about 4 years, now. I started using it to aid in making cold weather starts easier (and it is very good at this, too), but I have had excellent results using this oil on a year 'round basis.

I can confidently recommend it, based on my own experience - and I use a 6,000 mile change interval with it.

Very interesting.
    I would still keep my normal 5K interval on the change.

I wonder if filter options will be an issue or if running the normal taurus one I have been running will be fine?

EDIT: you use it to help with cold weather starts?
    I was unnder the impression for cold weather you would go with a heavier oil?

Lighter weight in colder weather (and it routinely gets to -25 or 30* overnight at my house) is easier to crank the moving parts through at start up. It will also flow through the passages more easily and quickly. I don't use a block heater, since there is no convienient outlet nearby. The light oil combined with the Optima battery has never let me down. I use this combination on all three of my vehicles.

Well Here is an update.
    I did my 130K overhaul.
    Plugs
    Wires
    Oil
    Filters
    Belts
    TB Cleaner
    MAF Cleaner
    Can of Seafoam Through Intake
    And 2 Cans In gas tank.

Engine is running very smoothly.
    Idle is a little lower but I think thats just cause the engine is actually clean...
    I started putting the seafoam through the intake and about 1/4 of a can through she already started smoking, But I forged through and got the hole can through.
    Than after an hour started here again with new oil belts and filters, and she smoked for at least 30 min....
    I don't know why, Its not like I let 30K miles since I last did a seafoam treatment.
    I do it every other oil change.

Anyway sorry for going off topic.
    So far there are not leaks anywhere such as the filter drain plug or my already seaping valve covers.
    I will keep everyone posted on what my mileage looks like after I left the seafoam run through and start with a fresh tank in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by breknraj
    Lighter weight in colder weather

use a syrup analogy: 1 in the cupboard and 1 in the fridge. the cold flows much slower, if you dilute it (=lower viscosity) then it will flow easier at a lower temp, a good thing for oil!

it doesnt get very cold here...
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

Well thank you all for correcting me.

I womnder how well this will do in the summer heat...

The truck is practically black....

I still have not noticed any leaks after ehile driving to run some errands and hit up the car wash, she looks soooo nice clean!

Why do you use so much Seafoam? Every other oil change? You wonder why it would smoke so much after 30K miles. It's the seafoam. When you engine burns the seafoam it smokes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast