Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firestik SS-204A Door Jam mount

Firestik SS-204A Door Jam mount

I will be picking one of these mounts up to do the rear mount on my 3rd gen along with the Wilson Flex 3 or 4 antenna.

I spoke with the dealer and they mentioned there is no quick disconnect that can be used with that mount. Is that true? What would my options be to easily remove the antenna when not needed.

Also, since I am still undecided as to the 3 or 4 foot antenna, which should I go with condsidering I have to park in underground parking at the moment. The parking structure is lower when driving through on the passenger side and clears my radio mast by 1"-2" so I can't go higher than that. How high above the truck will a 4' mast be if it is mounted at the bottom of the tail gate below the light as in the rear mount write up (i will be installing this on the drivers side of the truck)
    http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...26&topic=408.0

<br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

Re: Firestik SS-204A Door Jam mount

I'm pretty sure that I have that same mount and a firestik quick disconnect. I think they are smoking crack. I'm pretty sure that it replaces that top part where the antenna screws in. I'll go double check what mine looks like.
    My signature

This is the company I will probably be ordering from since my options locally are limited (this place is still a 90 min drive away)

Antenna Mounts and Accessories - there has to be something here that will work
    http://www.durhamradio.com/mounts-and-accessories.html

when i was using that mount i used a quick disconnect with it. i ended up building my own because of the interference with the rear hatch.

as for height, my truck, with lift and rack with lights clears our 7" garage by 2 inches. my antenna does not, im guessing its around the 7.5 foot mark, maybe a bit higher. for me i just take the antenna off before i go into any limited clearance situations.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

You can use the disconnect. Just gotta replace the stud with the disco.
    Philip<br />-90 2Dr 4runner<br />www.cootees.net

Quote Originally Posted by cootees
    You can use the disconnect. Just gotta replace the stud with the disco.
    What is the disco?

Forgive my beginner questions - this will be my first CB system

disco = disconnect.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU MOUNT THAT MOUNT!
    Also choose your antenna wisely and get a spring.

I chose the wrong antenna and didn't ad a spring till later and this is what happen...
    First time it was mounted to high and I didn't have a spring, the antenna was too heavy and it just tore in the wind...

Then the second time I mounted it lower and still had the same antenna but a spring, the antenna was just to big and heavy and messed that mount up too.

That little curve weld is actually broken.
    I need to shave down that second and fix it up.
    and maybe then weld the mount in place.

For now I just bolted the antenna right to the bumper right to the bumper.

Just food for thought and consideration.

I have that same mount on my 2nd gen. It works really well. I don't have a quick disconnect but i don't really see the need as it only takes 15 secons to unscrew the antenna. And I haven't had a problem with it coming out at all. Just get some good screws and put it in!
    95 4Runner 4x4 - Drilled Air Box, 33x12.50 BFG&#039;s, Midland CB/PA, Polk Audio Mid Range Speakers, Stock CD/Tape Deck, Marlin Crawler Rear Bumper, Herculined Tailgate/Rocker Panels, Coleman Safari Roof Rack, All Chrome (Mirrors, Windshield Trim, Door Handles, License Plate Frame, and Grill) painted black, 1&quot; 4Crawler Body Lift, 15x8 Cragar Wheels, 1 Regular Transmission Cooler (in-series with stock AT Cooler), Old Man Emu Rear Lift Coils, Rear Pro Comp Shocks, SDORI BJ Spacers, Front SkyJacker Shocks

screws that come with it are OK, not great. i would really prefer something with more threads.

when i built my custom one, i had it sit under the rubber pad for the rear hatch. i will make one for you for what they want for that firestick mount, and i think it is a much better option, puts the antenna out of the way of the rear hatch, and is much sturdier than that firestick mount. let me know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast