Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone own or know of a car with a pleasant, soft door chime?

Anyone own or know of a car with a pleasant, soft door chime?

Hi guys,

I am doing some mods on the biodiesel Mercedes and one of theeeeeee most annoying things about this car is the door chime buzzer. It is so obnoxious and goes for 5 seconds no matter what...and what's worse because its a diesel, you have to start the glow plug before firing up, so you hear all 5 seconds of it
    So having experience in permanently disabling my 98 and 99 buzzers, I took that bastid out of the mercedes and did the same. However i got to thinking that its fairly accessible and so I'd like to desolder the old one out and solder in a pleasant one.

I recall the Buicks like the LeSabres and the higher end ones have a pleasant, soft "bing, bing, bing" type of chimes. Does anyone have personal knowledge of one that they can recommend? I'll need the make, model and year. Does not have to be Japanese, it can be any car.

Thanks all,
    Bob

On another note, nice icon we added just here! Looks like a pallet pirate i know!

Re: Anyone own or know of a car with a pleasant, soft door chime?

Yeah, I was going to say that the LeSabres have a nice door chime, but then you already mentioned it. Our '07 F150 at work as an ok door chime. It's not as nice as the LeSabre's that my parents own, but it's better than a constant buzz like my 4Runner.

Just my $.02.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

I loved the door chime on my 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
    I have no issues with the 4Runners, the only issue I have is the older OEM alarm chirp on the 96&97 is at a higher pitch then the 98-02.

you know, one of the mbz members metioned an oldsmobile but he forgot the model. thanks yotafun, now its time to look for one

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    you know, one of the mbz members metioned an oldsmobile but he forgot the model. thanks yotafun, now its time to look for one
    If I had kept my olds and parted it out you would have had it :-)
    Good luck on the search, always wondered, maybe I should change the Chime in Tess back to the old's chime, I miss that car soo much.

Using Crazedlist.org, I found ONE guy parting out a 95 Olds CS. I called him, but no call back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    Using Crazedlist.org, I found ONE guy parting out a 95 Olds CS. I called him, but no call back.
    ooo good luck!
    I hope he call back, I will be sooo jealous

jealous of a door chime?
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

lee,

for yota, its called "nostalgia"

for me, you just have to listen to a 300DT buzzer. it really is one of the worst buzzers ever put into a luxury vehicle

Bob is Right Lee.
    I do really miss that car.
    I remember when my friend let me drive his (was the 2 door with the bigger engine but still had the chime) it brought back memories.
    Memories that now sit in a junkyard somewhere after I threw them all into a telephone pole lol!

But I have Tess now so it is all good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast