Thread: The Big Dog

The Big Dog

This thing isn't sneaking up on anyone (gas powered motor to drive the hydraulics), but it's purty cool.

http://www.bostondynamics.com/conten...section=BigDog
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Re: The Big Dog

I can't decide if it sounds like an alien death ray or a pissed off bumble bee. Either way, I think I would be sufficiently tweaked if I saw that thing running through the woods

What impressed me was how it handles the guy kicking it in the side and the icy road.
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

It's awesome enough to be creepy..... It seriously looks alive, I LOVE how when the guy tries to kick it over, it reacts and catches it's balance, same thing on the "ice test" Incredibly cool.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Looks like a dog with tape on it's feet.

I don't think it would freak me out if I saw it. I'd probably just be like WTF
    95 4Runner- 3.0- A/T- 4.88's- MC rear bumper- Downey skid plate- BJ spacers- LC coils- 32" BFG A/T's- FROR front bumper and frame brace on the way

Thats def different.
    I'm with 3rdCoast on this one, I don't thinkg it would freak me out but i would kind of be like wtf? and try to kick it over, even though you can't lol

I vote kill it with fire once they arm it with machine guns to kill us.. lolz..
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

crazy how realistically it reacts to the kick and ice patch..... cool!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdCoastRunner
    Looks like a dog with tape on it's feet.
    I was going to say that my cat looks the same way when you put the sticky little Christmas bows on her feet.

It looks very much like a dog or a horse. More like a hurt dog or horse when it slips or trys to regain it's balance.