So yesterday my low fuel light came on. I was running a tight schedule and didn't have time to stop to fill up until after a few things were done. While on the way to the gas station my Tundra sputtered then died. Fortunately, I was about 100-150 yards from the Chevron. The momentum from traveling 40 mph on a flat grade with little traffic carried me to my final left hand turn into the lot. I had to tap my brakes for an instant to avoid an oncoming vehicle and coasted across the street, over the approach and through the lot at about 5mph. Had I not needed to tap my brakes before, I could have literally made exactly to the first pump, but I had to hop out and push the last 10 feet.

The funny thing was that I had a cheering section at the station. The other patrons had seen my flashers from down the street and had watched me navigate the left turn into the Chevron. They were as amused by me as I was by them. When I arrived at the pump with almost no physical effort of my own, I got a mild cheer and a distant high five.

For the record, my tank holds exactly 26.24 gals of fuel. Hehe.