Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Corax's cross country thread

Re: Corax's cross country thread

about the knitting, seen it done...

looks like you guys are having an awesome trip!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    I got pulled over in the RV for doing 60 in a 55 zone (out in farm country yet). But the officer was cool and told me right away he wasn't giving me a ticket and to just keep it closer to 55. Today we also swapped constant cross winds for non-stop rain which helped me keep the speed respectable. After spending 2 years doing 80-90mph through LA county on a regular basis, at 55 mph I feel like I should be reading a book or maybe knitting.
    wlecome back to the east coast...
    I hate our speed limits after being in Cali...

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    about the knitting, seen it done...

looks like you guys are having an awesome trip!
    the best parts of the trip were up to and including Oregon. After that it was mostly trying to make miles between stops and look for anything worth while along the way. Liz was pretty good about that latter bit. Our last detour was today through Pittsburgh, pics to follow . . .

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    wlecome back to the east coast...
    I hate our speed limits after being in Cali...
    Yeah, I have all kinds of things to fix on my truck, the temporary Cali sticker in the windshield expires at the end of the month (already pulled over in SLC for the expired VA plates). Now I need to worry about state inspection, which means I need to look up bumper height limits and get a new set of rims to tuck the tires in a bit more. On the plus side Emmissions should be alot easier as PA doesn't care what you do just so long as the tailpipe test passes . . . maybe I should have pulled that 7MGTE turbo manifold I saw at the Pick-A-Part . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

made it back to PA today

I almost forgot how colorful leaves can get

one last detour before the final stretch - here's the Cathedral at Pitt, where some classes are held

a shot of the inside, this place was just awesome. on the first floor, each classroom was themed in a different country - France, Germany, Norland, Sweden, etc.

the church behind the Catherdral
    [img width=600 height=800]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/batardsalamano/10-08%20Cross%20Country/081021-7.jpg[/img]
    Liz spent a few years attending Pitt and living in Pittsburgh so she knew the area well and gave me a 5 hour tour or the area. Anyone that's been in Pitt long enough will know what these are - O Fries! - and honestly, they live up to the hype I'd been hearing for years
    [img width=800 height=632]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/batardsalamano/10-08%20Cross%20Country/081021-6.jpg[/img]
    my wife wanted to picket this building with a sign that reads "Sacriledge" - this used to be home of the BeeHive, an eclectic coffee house that would regularly have movie nights (theme nights such as sci-fi, Rocky Horror, and just about anything else) . . . even not having any history with this place, I can tell it's a shame that it's been given over to this . . .

Congrats on the fine road trip, Keith

a few more from Pitt that Liz wanted me to post

this is the Norwegian room from inside the Cathedral (an actual classroom that gets used!), it was the only one we found that didn't have a class going going on in it

home of the O-Fries - they're open 23 hours a day, and closed from 6-7am to clean all the cigarette butts, trash, sweat, alcohol, vomit and piss from the local frat boys and wanna-be-thugs - Liz says that the guy who was working the fryer and taking orders was the same one that was there back in '95 (and he's not the owner)

view of the skyline (and Liz) from Mount Washington

Congrats on finally making it to PA.
    Yeah your gonna have fun at inspection lol!
    I can help you out with those rules, since I have been hammered with most of them....
    I hope you didn't bring all the rain with you, I just cleaned the truck two days ago lol!

Awesome pics, can't wait to finally meet you both!

Also when you gonna be in the area, I mean if you were in pitts yesterday, that means your gonna be on the east side some time today, only takes 4 hours to get from. Place pitts to my

last pics of the leaves turning

and the last exit we took off the interstate, now we're set up in the folks driveway for a few days till we figure out where we wany to set up more long term

Welcome back to PA!
    once you finally get set up give me a PM!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678