Thread: cluckin g noise from swaybar

cluckin g noise from swaybar

Hey guys! I havent driven my 4runner in a while and today I washed it and took it for a ride around town. I noticed this really annoying clunk that would happen when i would go over a bump (when suspension cycles). Standing still and turning the wheel, the clunk is gone. When i start pushing the bumper up and down, i can hear a clunking noise. I checked Bama's thread about the cam bolts and etc. and i checked them. They are all tight as a....well they are tight. I know i need to change my steering rack bushings but could it be the sway bar end links? I have discos from wabfab.
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

Re: cluckin g noise from swaybar

it could be that or check the top of your rear shock,
    I know your suspension isn't stock, but my old springs, the rod at the top actually broke off and yeah i had the same noise over bumps.

easy enough check . . . disconnect one end of the swaybar and see if the noise goes away
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

ive had this noise, probably the same thing: tighten up both sway bar end links

ahh good suggestions guys! Ill try that and report back!
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL