Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project DD

Re: Project DD

I guess gearing does make all the difference.
    I have never driven a 2nd gen with 4.10,
    just ones with 4.88 and 33s and I have never had an issue with the 3.0 or the auto.

Can't wait to see completed photos dude

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Awesome! That's my favorite 1st gen color.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer
    MY god i need to regear... 4.10s + 31s +3.0 + auto = SUCK..... luckily i have 5.29s waiting to go in
    I've been rockin that combo for the past 6 years, except I have a 3.90 rear.

You driving this 4Runner to Pismo?
    Except yours doesn't have that hydraulic tcase that sucks the living heck out of the measly horsepower.
    My signature

i am hoping to get the 5.29 lockright rear and the 5.29 tru trac front installed... they have been sitting around my shop collecting dust for the last 9 months time to put them to use. lets see what 5.29 and 31s feel like
    94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

5.29's and 33's feels NICE on the trail, I can only imagine with 31's. Poor man's crawler baby!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    I can only imagine with 31's. Poor man's crawler baby!!
    Actually with the auto, it works great and keeps the line pressure up so you're less likely to cavitate on steep inclines. Throw a geared case behind and you're set. (Still prefer the 5 speed though. Less headaches.)

Jenn's runner had them with the 22re and a 5spd, got through the first three gears Instantly it seems.
    And she was on 33s lol, so that combo should be good.

Update:
    i&#39;ve been running 5.29s in it for a a couple weeks now. the speedo is off by about 13% but it has gobs of power. (not as much power as my 5sp behind a 3.4..... but a HUGE improvement over the 4.10s before) sitting on the freeway at 66 (80 indicated) i am turning 2800 RPM with over drive off, kick over drive off and it jumps to 4k and starts pulling away. i pulled apart the front diff to check it out, i was told it was a TruTrac but come to find out its really a lockright so now my "daily driver" is locked front and rear with 5.29s i&#39;ve been too poor to do acutally fill ups so i am not sure what i am getting for mileage. i would venture to guess about 14-16mpg.
    I got the arm rest re-done and it looks a billion time better than it did. one of my shop neighbors is an upholstery guy
    I also intalled a set of Hella 500s i had laying around my shop.

Still need to:
    install HIDs
    fix minor electrical issues.
    fix/replace the grill
    install new shocks
    install AAL in the rear (it will require new ubolts so i&#39;ll wait and do a ubolt flip kit and relocate the lower shock mounts.)
    94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

oh and if anyone is searching for info on "5.29 + 31s + 3.0 + auto" all i can say is DO IT! it will not be as bad as you think, the rpms are not thru the roof and you can drive on the freeway without feeling the floor boards.

Nice background there Chris, way to make me jealous! I might just have to reconsider going "Quack" or "Roar" after next semester just so I can see some of that type of scenery again. (Ducks vs. Cougars)

OK... HIDs installed tonight. This is with the Ebay H4 conversion (see elton thread) with the Diamond housing. I thought about going euro spec but said screw it and went with diamond.

These are the 55w 8000k kit. I&#39;ve lost Highbeams but there is enough output i dont know if i&#39;ll miss it.

HIDs alone

stock hella 500s alone

Both hella 500s and the HIDs. These pics dont do it justice... there is a S-Ton of light...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast