Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: exotic car project, photos stemmed from other thread

exotic car project, photos stemmed from other thread

I can have everyone read this thread as it gives detail to what im doing with these pictures, this is just the first time out shooting, i still need to go out and do more, different angles, different cars (havent done bentley, jaguar, bmw, mercedes, or rolls)

http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...;topicseen#new

here are the first batch...

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Re: exotic car project, photos stemmed from other thread

Nice Blake.
    all look phenomenal.
    The one with the brake caliper alone, did you mean yo have the upper portion of the rim and tire blurry, just seems that way to me, but I could be so wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Nice Blake.
    all look phenomenal.
    The one with the brake caliper alone, did you mean yo have the upper portion of the rim and tire blurry, just seems that way to me, but I could be so wrong...
    unfortunately i had to use a wide open aperture, but i think that one is just out of focus, let me see if i have another that is in focus, otherwise my excuse would be wide open aperture and short dof

this one is prob a little better.

it sucks when you dont have enough avail light in the room, i did buy a nice flash and soft box to go with it, along with off camera shoe cord and shutter release cable to use for various bs.

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    this one is prob a little better.

it sucks when you dont have enough avail light in the room, i did buy a nice flash and soft box to go with it, along with off camera shoe cord and shutter release cable to use for various bs.
    No Pic :P

fixed

yeah like the second pic better,
    though what i think looks good looks bad to some others it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    yeah like the second pic better,
    though what i think looks good looks bad to some others it seems...
    well i can go through them all and criticize the hell out of them, but its just a work in progress, i appreciate it though

well i can go through them all and criticize the hell out of them, but its just a work in progress, i appreciate it though
    lol yeah

I'll do my best to add my constructive criticisms. Don't take them personally, I'm really trying to look at these pictures as if I were looking at a portfolio or a photo shoot going into a magazine.

1) Good picture, what's the "i" in the upper left corner though. Like the lines of the backdrop, like the lighting, overall this is a strong picture IMO.

2) I guess I like the idea, but calling a Lamborghini a "Lambo" is just tacky IMO (can we get more of the name in the shot?). I'd try and get some more detail shots of the Murcielago's headlights, taillights, and front intake ducts; the angular lines could yield some very cool pictures.

3) I think the contrast needs to get bumped in this picture, and the subject is too centered. Stick to the rule of 1/3's; I would think it could look better with the oil cap in the left 1/3 of the picture and showing more of the red intake manifold. Lighting might be tough, but with a good exposure you can make up for the rest of it in Post-processing. You're shooting RAW, right? You can get a bit more dynamic range when you shoot in RAW, which can help with post-processing later.

4) While the low angle is cool, it's implemented poorly in this case for a couple of reasons. First, the roof is god-awful and ruins the lighting and the picture's content (I know there isn't much to do about it, but unfortunately if that's the only place you can get pictures of Ferrari's, you're SOL and shouldn't bother IMO). Second, the headlight seems a bit cut off where as with a slightly higher angle you could get all of the headlight's projector in the picture. And third, this is a poor choice of location on the bumper because of the little square cover that is smack-dab in the middle of the frame. Basically, this picture will have to be dumped IMO.

5) This picture is blurry, but I do like the one you posted that is clearer. It would be cool as a low DOF shot if you nailed focus on the front of the brake caliper while the wheel and brake disc is out of focus.

6) I like this picture, but the lighting is poor and it's somewhat disctacting that you can see some sort of white tag through the mesh holes (We can also see your reflection in the horse, which is a huge no-no in high-end automotive photography). Lighting from the top or bottom might be somewhat more dramatic, but I like the idea of this picture with a higher incident angle closer to the horse with a controlled DOF so that the horse is in focus and the mesh goes out of focus off to the left (or right) of the frame.

7) Terrible picture, sorry :/ Grainy, no obvious subject, most of the car is cut off and awkward points, and that god-awful roof again. Unless we can get a picture of one of these cars in a showroom with a more attractive backdrop, I think you're stuck with detail shots on the Ferrari's.

8) I like this picture, Lamborghini's are excellent for detail shots. That being said, the black and white graininess detracts somewhat from the shot IMO. Also we've lost the rule of 1/3's, the headlight is in the exact middle of the frame which is a no-no IMO.

9) It's not working for me, not sure what it is. A lower incident angle against the body might help, with a single body line to catch your eye. As it is with the wheel cut off and the mirror stretched strangely, it isn't really an "attractive" picture of the car which is a shame.

I hope this helps, I'm jealous of you being able to go shoot all of these cars
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast