Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rics Update

Rics Update

Rics update:
    To keep this short and sweet, my 99 is in wheeling heaven, lol, and replaced with a new (to me) car, that’s right I said “car” it drives and feels like a “car”
    She`s a 2004 4Runner sport edition with the V8, 57K on the clock, leather heated seats, 10 speaker Boise system, and YES, she will be something like the 99.
    Heres what she looks like "now"

The lift is waiting to be installed (probley this fri.) and Ive talked to Armorology about some bumpers and possibly armour, trying to get a hold of Richard (Stubbs) to talk about sliders.
    Yes we got pretty much everything off of and out off the 99, talk about my head spinning, I cant keep a straight thought on mods, lol
    Ill do my best to keep this updated with the progress
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Re: Rics Update

Yeah, uncle has the same year and package, and i agree, it rides and drives like a car.

Can I ask what happen to that beautiful 99 of yours that I looked to for ideas for my truck?

Can't wait to see your new built 4th gen!

Im geussing lower balljoint was bad, but I was driving it, went over some railroad tracks, at about 30-40MPH, next thing I know, Im airborn, truck landed on 3 wheels, the forth was under the frame.
    Ins. totaled it, my guess is that cause it had 220K on the clock, sad thing is, the motor ran like the day I got it. buy back was $5300 thank God I still had full coverage, lol, it got me the 20004 and I can start modding this one, when I get time, lol
    Oh the Ins. co. logged it as a "No Fault" accident, woohooo

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    Im geussing lower balljoint was bad, but I was driving it, went over some railroad tracks, at about 30-40MPH, next thing I know, Im airborn, truck landed on 3 wheels, the forth was under the frame.
    Ins. totaled it, my guess is that cause it had 220K on the clock, sad thing is, the motor ran like the day I got it. buy back was $5300 thank God I still had full coverage, lol, it got me the 20004 and I can start modding this one, when I get time, lol
    Oh the Ins. co. logged it as a "No Fault" accident, woohooo
    Bummer to hear this, man. And it reminds me to get mine in to get my balljoint recall done!

I'm stoked to watch you build up this rig, though!
    CJ &lt;IXOYE&gt;&lt;<br /><br />03 Tacoma DC TRD 4wd, bunchamods <br /><br />Avatar artwork courtesy of the one and only 04 Rocko Taco.

Wow. Talk about the end of an era. Looks like it's Toyota120ville for you!

Yes, EVERYONE, please check your balljoints, this could have been REALLY bad, I feel very grateful that Im still here, that I was cruising up I-70 at 80MPH when it decided to go.

I'm stoked to watch you build up this rig, though!
    Im stoked to start over, change a few things, my head has been spinning since Fri. night, just what am I going to do with this one, lol

Wow. Talk about the end of an era. Looks like it's Toyota120ville for you!
    yea Im gonna miss her, but I was getting a little tired of the old 99, I was going to let my boys have it, and I wanted to get another 4th gen, lol well doesnt look like the boys get the 99, lol now there gonna get a beater
    Ive been on toyota120 for awhile, there pretty cool guys, and a few very sweet rigs over there.
    The engine bay on this thing is HUGE, plenty of room for things like a compressor (lockers) a York, dual batteries, airhorns, heck, I could sleep in there, lol compaired to the 99

looks like im getting balljoints for x-mas!

whoops i thought i posted in this thread already!

glad you are OK ric, sorry to hear about the 4runner! ive seen lots of tacomas with wheels tucked under the truck, wonder if its becoming more common? either way its time for me to replace mine!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Wow Rick, sorry to hear about the '99. Super glad you re alright!
    On behalf of UY, I want to say, we can't wait to see your ideas for the new baby!

Again, glad you are okay!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Chris, thankx man, that means alot to me
    as far as my ideas, well if i can keep my mind on ONE thing at a time, lol

Wow that's scary. Glad you're ok. Time for me to start thinking about upper control arms.
    Uummmm??? I forget.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast