Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Running 285s with stock wheels and 4.375 bs, the ins and outs

Re: Running 285s with stock wheels and 4.375 bs, the ins and outs

so wheel spacers will do what? Im just confused now. Ive heard of a lot of ppl running 1 inch adapters front and rear. I wouldnt go bigger then an inch and the inch put me where my trds would be plus those trds never did rub inless fully stuffed and then it barely rubbed.

I just need a starter plan, because now Ive already figured out im long traveling the runner anyways. then their wont be an issue.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

I would like to know a little more on this topic as well.

I will be doing a
    Toytec 3" OME Coil Lift
    &
    4Crawler 2" BL

And I wanted to run the 285s on my stock wheels.
    But after reading some of this thread I am confused.
    Should I be saving for a rim with a different backspacing so I can clear the A-Arm?

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    remember that oem wheels are 16x7 and not 16x8, You measured the wrong thing, I got my info from three different parts areas at three different dealerships.
    i measured from my stock spare steelie, which is the same measurements as the oem wheel on my 98 split 3 spoke...16X7. there was another thread on the other site regarding this. have a look at this post specifically the edit...or even the whole thread.

since you've got an alloy spare...take the measurement and report back. dont listen to what people say on the net..and at part stores. only way to find out is to check yourself...thats what i did.
    sonny<br />1998 4Runner LTD...d0uble locked on 35&#039;s<br />crawlinbc.com

The problem is backspacing and arm clearance.

A 13" 4Crawler bodylift with OME 888's will not clear with 285's on stock wheels with stock arms.

Spacers move the mounting surface away from the intended surface, obviously. They add to the lever on the bearings.

They also introduce a chance for vibrations. These years should be hubcentric. I know of two places that make hub centric spacers. They are not cheap, quick and dirty.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Sonny: I just measured and I got 4.4, maybe the 3 split spokes are different but i dont have the split spokes I have the 5 stars

oh yeah this will delete a lot of rubbing up front

will be the first mod of my LT kit as I piece it together

and right now the tires only rub at full droop, and it droops too far as the upper hits the coil which shouldnt happen.

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    oh yeah this will delete a lot of rubbing up front

will be the first mod of my LT kit as I piece it together

and right now the tires only rub at full droop, and it droops too far as the upper hits the coil which shouldnt happen.
    That looks sooooo nice...

I would like to partially nip this in the bud.

A picture of a purple truck will not help clearance issues.

Either we turn back to having technical merit in this post or I start deleting things, OK?

Why will that pic help?
    What options are there?
    How are you dealing with this?
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    I would like to partially nip this in the bud.

A picture of a purple truck will not help clearance issues.

Either we turn back to having technical merit in this post or I start deleting things, OK?

Why will that pic help?
    What options are there?
    How are you dealing with this?
    Maybe he was trying to get at how a long travel suspension set up, don't have the rubbing issues associated with a stock set up.

May actual pictures of how a long travel suspension does not have rubbing issues like the stock IFS does, and how this possible set up is a option to keeping the stock rims?

Just i guess thats just ideas I got from the picture...?

I know the answer here.

It is just not worth tech space to say well, my tires rub something significant, I wish I could fix it, but here is something cool, oops I'm done.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast