Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GPS Mounting Pics

GPS Mounting Pics

Let's get a thread started specifically about how you've mounted your GPS in your rig.

Post a pic and state your vehicle model and what model GPS you have along with specifics on the mount (mount points or RAM mount part #'s for example). I'd like this thread to grow into a resource for new GPS owners.

I personally want to see how people have mounted thier Garmin 60CSX GPS.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Re: GPS Mounting Pics

Dell Axim PDA GPS in a Seidio charging cradle. The cradle is held to the dash with a ProClip touchless mount. This held up to the worst in Death Valley, so it should stay-put in just about any situation, on road or off. It is also legal in all states--some states are cracking down on windshield mounts.

Vehicle: 99 4runner
    GPS: Garmin 60CXs
    Mount: RAM Mounting Systems Handlebar Mount for Garmin GPS 60CXs

My wife got me the handlebar mount for Christmas and I rigged this set up for fun.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/Erich_870/Toyota%204Runner/P1130107.jpg[/img]

I’m going to get this piece below to move it left so it’s not blocking so much of my view.

This socket will go on the back of the GPS mount and then connect to the ball on the handle. It should move it over almost 4”

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Vehicle: 97' Toyota 4Runner
    GPS: Compaq iPAQ 3635 with Navman SE GPS System
    Mount: Suction Cup That comes with the unit

It has survived many off-road trips in this location:

02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Vehicle: 93 4runner (also used in the 07 Tacoma and 89 Van)
    GPS: Garmin Etrex Legend
    Mount: Universal Ipod, GPS, PDA windshield mount from ebay

I mount it in about the same location when I use it in the van and the tacoma, but I don't think I have any pics of those vehicles with it mounted.

My signature

No pics, but the garmin nuvi 750 I just got I mounted right where YotaFun has his but it doesnt stick out so far.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    No pics, but the garmin nuvi 750 I just got I mounted right where YotaFun has his but it doesnt stick out so far.
    Yeah I moved mine up a bit
    have to take new pics,
    but I like it there only cause I really don't like anything in my line of site,
    heck, when my power whip got bent and I just took the entire assembly out, even me rear whip for the cb is in an area wher ei can't see it out my side mirror or my review, it just felt comfortable I guess...

Your odd that way ya know, I coulda made a mount really easy for ya but you insisted it not be in your line of sight.

The higher spot doesnt bother me to much for the GPS, i generally dont look in my lower lefthand corner unless its there.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Ken, can you come over and clean my dash for me? Mine's a wee bit dusty.
    My signature

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast