Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd gen. 4runner front diff removal

3rd gen. 4runner front diff removal

Hey Ric Glenn and i are removing my diff's this weekend to get re-geared to 4.88's (almost a year with 35's and 4.33 gears was enough)and i was wondering if anyone has a good write up one removing the front. I have been givin a verbal description by the one setting my gears but i would like to have something on paper just in-case. I searched google and such and haven't been able to find any good write-ups so if there are any good ones out there I would love the see them.

Thanks,

Bobby

(1996 4runner 3.4 with add)
    96 4Runner, 4in OME/LC lift (883&#039;s w/ top plate spacer, Land Cruiser&#039;s 8 coil) 2in Body Lift 315/75/16&#039;s. rear e-locker&nbsp; <br />I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE JEEP THING THATS WHY I HAVE A TOYOTA!!

Re: 3rd gen. 4runner front diff removal

X2!!
    I will be switching out my diff's this weekend from 4.10 to 4.30 lol!

I was looking for a good write up too but have come up short.

~Avy

First you need a cutting torch and/or plasma

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    First you need a cutting torch and/or plasma
    NOT YET!!!
    In time, the IFS isn't ready to go yet.
    And I am not ready to cut it yet...

Ok then first, remove truck. 2nd work on diff. I hope since its in front of you, you have a locker for it ?

no only the rear has the locker, front will only get locked when I regear to 4.88 down the road...

since the last time we tried to remove it

you may want to remove the damn oil pan, just a though
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    since the last time we tried to remove it

you may want to remove the damn oil pan, just a though
    lol seriously... but we didn't remove all the hook-ups on top. people say if you remove those it will come out easier... and this time it will be in a garage and not a parking lot. haha so hopefully it will go a little faster...
    96 4Runner, 4in OME/LC lift (883&#039;s w/ top plate spacer, Land Cruiser&#039;s 8 coil) 2in Body Lift 315/75/16&#039;s. rear e-locker&nbsp; <br />I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE JEEP THING THATS WHY I HAVE A TOYOTA!!

you are correct. unbolt the hoses from the diff on top and it will be much easier. also have someone use a pry bar in the motor mount to lift the motor up that extra inch you need
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

thanks man!!! it seems like you have taken yours in and out a few times.... re-gear... blown diff... thanks for the tip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast